Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demonstrating ma wood turnin' skillzz

Options
  • 06-01-2016 5:28pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

*Ahem*...

I'm going to be giving the demonstration this weekend at the Irish Woodturners East Central Chapter guild meeting this weekend (Jan 9th).

I'm going to cover resin and wood bangles and pens as well as some airbrushing and design considerations.

If anyone is interested in seeing that, they meet in the Scout Den in Lorcan Green Santry.

I think there is a cover charge for entry but not sure how much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

AFAIR, if not a member of the Chapter they look for an entrance fee equal to the full membership which I think is 50 euros: I know that cheap to see the Monsters Daddy in person but when I dropped in several months ago I didn't have the 50.
    Might be worth clarifying if possible

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Our entrance fee is €5. You must be referring to a seminar meeting or one day demonstration.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah Calhonda, that was my bad on that day, I thought it was the usual few quid but that day happened to be the open day seminar and the price was higher as a result. (I was really surprised too as a result, I should have know but it was my first year at the seminar :) )

Its the usual 5 or 6 quid on Saturday this time :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,775 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

IIRC, you can go to one meet and pay the usual cover charge (€6) if you're not a member; but it'd be considered pushing it to go to more than that and not join.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah that's true but the yearly seminar in April is different because its a big name demonstrator.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,775 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

top notch stuff!

Advertisement