Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 won't turn on

Options
  • 06-01-2016 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at all the threads about this issue but there doesn't seem to be a fix. Basically when I go to turn on my PS4, the blue light blinks for a second and then shuts off. This repeats itself every time I try turning it on.

I purchased the system from Argos on July 2nd so it is within 1 year warranty.

I doubt anyone has a fix so my question is should I return it to Argos or contact Sony directly for them to pick it up?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated and if you have any queries for me, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Try changing the HDMI cable, sometimes if it can't sync with your display device the PS4 won't boot up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I wouldn't hesitate in bringing it back if it is in warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

sugarman wrote: »
    Bring it back to Argos they're usually very good with returns, anything I brought back was changed on the spot.

I think this is probably my best bet. Does it have to return it to the branch I bought it from do you know?
    You know anyone who has gotten instant PS4 exchanges because that would be ideal.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Try changing the HDMI cable, sometimes if it can't sync with your display device the PS4 won't boot up

This didn't work unfortunately but thanks for the suggestion.

I originally bought it as a batman bundle. Do I need to include everything in the return or will the ps4 suffice?

• Advertisement

Happy days, rang up argos. can bring my ps4 into stephens green. get a replacement on the spot.

Thumbs Up Argos.

So I guess my question now is, what steps do I need to take with my current PS4 and my account.
    Do I need to ring Sony to deactivate it or something?

Thanks a lot for the help guys! Appreciate it

Advertisement