Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 1.8 TFSi 120 hp (2008 Model) multimedia upgrade

Options
  • 06-01-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Guys,

I currently drive Audi A4 1.8 TFSi 120 hp Saloon 2008 Model which is fitted with Audi chorus Stereo. I am looking to get the system replaced with more modern touch-screen multimedia center which can have USB, IPOD, Navigation, Bluetooth etc built in and also preferably supports Android AUTO.
    Can anyone recommend any good place to get this done or has anyone got this done before in Ireland?

regards
    Akhil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrMcAdoo

Did you find what you're looking for? I'm hoping to get something similar. I have an Audi A4 2008 B8 2.0 TDI with chorus stereo also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you have a budget for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you have a budget for this?

I've added xcarlink plus screen mirroring to my A5 with same system.
    I've now got reversing camera and my phone wirelessly mirrored onto car screen.
    There are similar Devices that incorporate touch function on the car screen.

Not exactly what you are looking for but its all invisible and plug and play so is a reasonable solution to adding some functionality.

you have the colour screen mick?

you have the colour screen mick?

Yes. Surely all have?

• Advertisement

Nope. The brothers a4 just has a red display. That's what's standard. Not quite sure what model the chorus is, I think that's what he has. Doesn't have MMI

Nope. The brothers a4 just has a red display. That's what's standard. Not quite sure what model the chorus is, I think that's what he has. Doesn't have MMI

Certainly the A5 got the colour screen as standard.

The A4 def didn't :)

So did they narrow up the screen area as well or leave it full size. It's a pretty big screen to have for that red text display

img-0890-7966301806990999212.JPG

I think there was a bigger red screen in other markets combined with nav, but as far as I know we never got that here.

It also does the climate control display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

What your man bmstuff I'm sure he could point you in the right direction.

img-0890-7966301806990999212.JPG

I think there was a bigger red screen in other markets combined with nav, but as far as I know we never got that here.

It also does the climate control display.

Jesus that is a terrible screen.

Here is mine with google displayed.
    2znvpc9.jpg

I don't know a huge amount about these, but I think the a4 that has MMI in front of the handbrake has the colour screen.

I assume the likes of bmstuff could transplant an entire setup, which as far as I know includes a massive amount of extra components dotted around the car.

Advertisement