Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Fairways

Options
  • 05-01-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

Missus got me this for chirstmas ( www.openfairways.com )

Any ever use it? Do you need to give much advance to the club or is it if theres a free slot?

Wanted to play Bettystown and its on it ( 4 for 2)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

I used it a couple on years ago in the boom. Not many clubs like accepting it back then anyway. We would inquire about available tee times book are slot then at the end mention we have the card! :D

Dont know how it work nowadays as with the likes of teetimes.ie & golfnow websites, plus green fees are generally much cheaper nowadays. But it was great valve back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Why sign up to something if you don't like using it?

Some nice courses on it, the better ones seem to be 4 for 3 but its still a saving over some courses who aren't on teetimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I've used it for the past 2 years, it's great. Just ring and book a tee as normal, and say 'is it still €15 with open fairways ' or whatever price it says on the website.

My local club is €20 midweek, I get it for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Why sign up to something if you don't like using it?

Some nice courses on it, the better ones seem to be 4 for 3 but its still a saving over some courses who aren't on teetimes
    I meant the club in the above post :o
    Rock77 wrote: »
    I've used it for the past 2 years, it's great. Just ring and book a tee as normal, and say 'is it still €15 with open fairways ' or whatever price it says on the website.

My local club is €20 midweek, I get it for €15.

Sounds like it will get some use anyhow.

I'm going to change clubs this year so there will be a few weeks/months where I'll be playing a few different courses

And whats your local course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Millicent, Clane, Co. Kildare.

I've used it at Knockanally aswell a few times, midweek greenfee is 15, with open fairways its 7.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Used it for years when I was a nomad, there were some brilliant deals - think me and a mate covered the cost of the card in our first 2 green fees.

Advertisement