Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SILVERCREST Bluetooth® Hands-Free Kit (lidl)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I got one in the past but the sound was terrible and echoed....returned. Perhaps they have improved since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I got one last summer and it works just fine, obviously not as clear as the installed kit I have in other car, but does the job grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

is the sound from incoming calls good on them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Tgese are rubbish microphone will be in completely the wrong place in most cars. The halfords BT easy is cheaper and actually works fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

Would be good if your mouth was down on your left knee. Try the ones that clip on to your sun visor. About twice the price of that lidl one but more than twice as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Indeed, I'd be inclined to stay away from these too. Had an old chinese version of it before and it was crap.
    If you are on the move so much that you need to be contactable, put some more money towards a decent solution. Otherwise, just call the person back :)

Alternatively, most phones have a car mode now that will auto answer and auto loudspeaker a call. Just get a holder for your phone. It'll no doubt be better quality than this (be sure not to use your phone while driving of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Had Lidl visor clip on BT one a while back, it kept flying off and hitting me on head. Terrible sound from it so it went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

There's a 4-in-1 streaming device on Groupon at the moment, streams the audio through the radio via an FM transmitter. Only 20€ and 2.50€ for delivery.

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-872-119

Might be a better option for those worried about poor speaker quality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

maconof wrote: »
    There's a 4-in-1 streaming device on Groupon at the moment, streams the audio through the radio via an FM transmitter. Only 20€ and 2.50€ for delivery.

I have something similar and ended up costing about €22 including delivery and its a great yolk altogether.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Hands-Free-additional/dp/B00QKQC3K8/ref=sr_1_8?srs=1644314031&ie=UTF8&qid=1452086178&sr=8-8&keywords=bluetooth

It clips on to the dash and a convienient place and soud quality is great via the car stereo. Added bonus is you can play songs from your phone through the speakers too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

maconof wrote: »

I bet that is just cheap chinese ****e that can be bought on banggood.com or similar for peanuts. It's not expensive on groupon to be fair, but groupon is terrible for all electronics. I have never once seen a deal worth jumping on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Libera wrote: »
    I got one in the past but the sound was terrible and echoed....returned. Perhaps they have improved since.
    Had to do the same last time they were in, absolutely unusable, the kids walkie talkies in Smyths are easier to make out whats being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

A family member has this, or one very similar and likes it a lot.

http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/179569/efindbest/facebook

That's a Facebook link so I'm not sure if it will work right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

Did anyone pick this up? Any opinions on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Wolfsberg wrote: »
    A family member has this, or one very similar and likes it a lot.

http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/179569/efindbest/facebook

That's a Facebook link so I'm not sure if it will work right for you.

Looks similar to this one

http://www.halfords.ie/technology/connectivity/bluetooth-car-kits/supertooth-buddy-bluetooth-visor-car-kit

Hard to tell the brand on the pigsback one. If it is the same, i bought it for 15 euro on amazon 3 years ago. Great piece of kit. Only have to charge it once a week and sound quality is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Would it be possible to play .mp3 files and stream Tunin radio from your phone to this device?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd say it would. But the sound quality/loudness will definitely be crap for music.

I'd say it would. But the sound quality/loudness will definitely be crap for music.

It would be more for preview talk shows, audio documentaries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Try it but hang onto your receipt, they really are awful, or last years versions were anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

califano wrote: »
    Would it be possible to play .mp3 files and stream Tunin radio from your phone to this device?

Couldnt manage it on mine

physioman wrote: »
    Couldnt manage it on mine

Thanks for checking it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've had a few of these plug-in/clip-on BT kits (different brands including Jabra who make excellent speakerphones generally) and they're pretty much all shyte at motorway speeds. Better to get a decent kit like a Parrot retrofitted IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boxty

Aldi recent sold a wireless bluetooth speaker bug for 15e which has handsfree function. I find it great for using in car as hands free and for listening to podcasts. Volume is good (3w), speaker clarity is excellent. I just stick it on dash on top of one of those dashtop gel sticky pad things and its secure. Charges via micro usb.

Might be worth considering.

Advertisement