Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Envy BIOS Corruption

Options
  • 05-01-2016 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I've had my HP Envy laptop for around 3 months now. On two occasions, it has somehow corrupted the BIOS, leaving it unable to boot. Both times, I was able to reflash the BIOS image from a USB to recover.

Both times this has occurred when I was carrying the laptop in a bag, and it seemed to power itself on from sleep. The laptop was quite warm when removed from the bag. Since I have the recovery USB created it is a relatively quick issue to fix, but I'm guessing it's not exactly advisable to be repeatedly flashing the BIOS?

Has anyone else had similar issues or heard of this sort of thing happening?
    Tagged:

Advertisement