Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai MII - Window Demisting

Options
  • 05-01-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a 151 1.6D CVT SV Qashqai.

Very pleased overall, love the engine and gearbox.

I have some issues with the climate system though, maybe some QQ owners can help me understand a bit.

Dual zone climate control sounds grand, but it seems to go from either gently blowing some warm air on you to blasting you with freezing A/C air. I can't seem to find it so it gently blows cool air on you (Yes, I turned on face air) but it's really weak.

Secondly, the windows fog super quickly! When you turn on demist it blows air full blast which clears the windows quickly, but as soon as it's off the windows mist up again amazingly quickly, making a very loud cabin. Is there a way to keep enough air on the windscreen to keep the mist from getting out of control?

Any advice appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ate you turning the air conditioning off by any chance? Have you got the air set to recirculate?

I often find that just setting cc to 21 or 20 and AUTO is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ate you turning the air conditioning off by any chance? Have you got the air set to recirculate?

I often find that just setting cc to 21 or 20 and AUTO is enough

No on both counts.

I guess I should just leave it on auto and try, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You should be able to manually control the fan speed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This weather with the rain and dampness it's going to cause problems. The pollen filter might be due a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

The MK1 QQ isn't any better at the moment. Any bit of cold damp weather and it fogs up. It's OK when your driving but when its parked up it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The MK1 QQ isn't any better at the moment. Any bit of cold damp weather and it fogs up. It's OK when your driving but when its parked up it happens.

That could be an old cabin filter or a water leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

That could be an old cabin filter or a water leak.

Test drove one and have other out on trial - have to agree about windows misting up. A lot worse than my old vw golf.

Advertisement