Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chassis number for filters

Options
  • 05-01-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I'm confused what chassis number I have on My Touran AZV 2.0 TDI 136hp.

I'm looking for a new filter kit (I think its only the fuel filter that is different).

I'm looking on micksgarage but I'm well confused!

I've attached a photo of the ID sticker in the boot if someone can help and perhaps give me a link to the correct filter.

I'm guessing this is my chassis number: 106283

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

snaps wrote: »
    I'm confused what chassis number I have on My Touran AZV 2.0 TDI 136hp.

I'm looking for a new filter kit (I think its only the fuel filter that is different).

I'm looking on micksgarage but I'm well confused!

I've attached a photo of the ID sticker in the boot if someone can help and perhaps give me a link to the correct filter.

I'm guessing this is my chassis number: 106283

Chassis number is on your reg document, also bottom of windscreen on passenger side I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

The long number at the bottom of the sticker is your VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

223vmax wrote: »
    Chassis number is on your reg document, also bottom of windscreen on passenger side I think.

The number at the bottom of my windscreen is the same as whats on the bottom of the sticker (The VIN).

I'll dig out the reg document.

Ok, the problem is the fuel filter. I'm getting mixed results in searches for my correct filter.

The OEM number on the metal casing of fuel filter is: 1K0127400B

When i search for correct filter for this housing, im getting filters with different heights. some are 116mm and some 143mm

The VW OEM for the actual paper filter seems to be 1K0127434B, but on my parts website its giving filters with different heights.

All other filters have been correct, but this fuel filter is a tricky one.

Any of you guru's know the correct height? Im guessing 143mm as the housing is quite tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carbits

the correct fuel filter is 116 high (going by the OE number you gave)
    mann numbers
    fuel:-pu936/2x
    oil :- hu719/7x
    Air :- C35154
    Oil :- make sure it HAS VW507 approval (very important for your turbo and your DPF filter). Dont go for an oil that just meets VW507, make sure it has the approval. max difference in price between both is €5.

hope this helps, any bits you need give me a call

• Advertisement

Carbits wrote: »
    the correct fuel filter is 116 high (going by the OE number you gave)
    mann numbers
    fuel:-pu936/2x
    oil :- hu719/7x
    Air :- C35154
    Oil :- make sure it HAS VW507 approval (very important for your turbo and your DPF filter). Dont go for an oil that just meets VW507, make sure it has the approval. max difference in price between both is €5.

hope this helps, any bits you need give me a call

Ok, this ties into what I was thinking from my research. What threw me was that fuel filter that you've listed is showing on my parts website as 116mm high. But the Mann website says it's 143mm. So must be a typo error. I'll take a risk and order it. Thanks for your help.

So I got around to changing my filters and oil. Thanks for all the advice, the fuel filter seemed fine. I bit of pressure needed to get the cap down once new filter fitted, but all done in good time.

Advertisement