Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TrackMan Numbers

Options
  • 05-01-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

Posting some of my numbers from a recent TrackMan lesson. Would be interested to see numbers from other posters

I'm working on certain areas during the lesson so that's why the numbers vary, and bad shots of course

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Whyner wrote: »
    Posting some of my numbers from a recent TrackMan lesson. Would be interested to see numbers from other posters

I'm working on certain areas during the lesson so that's why the numbers vary, and bad shots of course

The driver numbers are very strange, e.g. a club head speed of 103 leading to 164 ball speed does not match.

Looks to me like you're using bad golf balls. Not much point looking at flight numbers if balls are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

The driver numbers are very strange, e.g. a club head speed of 103 leading to 164 ball speed does not match.

Looks to me like you're using bad golf balls. Not much point looking at flight numbers if balls are bad.

Used range balls but the instructor had it set up to use 'Note: Data are normalized to no wind conditions at 0 ft altitude, 80 F with a Premium ball.'

Can you explain why it doesn't match? I've looked at PGA stats and they've got a 103 club head speed with a 152 ball speed (5w) The distances seemed generous but I didn't query them as was concentrating on Club Path & Face Angle

I did read somewhere that a Smash Factor of > 1.5 usually means some form of illegal equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I believe that, if the smash factor is above 1.5, then either the equipment is illegal or, more likely, the calibration is out on the monitor

I did a fitting at Carton on trackman and was 110 SS for driver and 250-260 carry on average

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Used range balls but the instructor had it set up to use 'Note: Data are normalized to no wind conditions at 0 ft altitude, 80 F with a Premium ball.'

Can you explain why it doesn't match? I've looked at PGA stats and they've got a 103 club head speed with a 152 ball speed (5w) The distances seemed generous but I didn't query them as was concentrating on Club Path & Face Angle

I did read somewhere that a Smash Factor of > 1.5 usually means some form of illegal equipment

You would expect to see the ball speed to be around 1.5 times the club head speed, this is the smash factor measure. It's possible to get smash factors higher then 1.5 but rarely anything higher then 1.52. When smash factors are lower then its a case of poor club delivery, either impact point on the face or spin loft.

If you're only concentrating on club path and face angle then you should ask for a report with only those numbers, the other numbers aren't relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Just looked at the driver and the smash factor is tour pro standard. 1.5 is really maxed out never really seen numbers above 1.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

what the fook are yis talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Is "Smash Factor" a new version of the "X Factor?"

mike12 wrote: »
    Just looked at the driver and the smash factor is tour pro standard. 1.5 is really maxed out never really seen numbers above 1.5

I'll question him next week, pretty sure it's to do with the ball used v configured

You would expect to see the ball speed to be around 1.5 times the club head speed, this is the smash factor measure. It's possible to get smash factors higher then 1.5 but rarely anything higher then 1.52. When smash factors are lower then its a case of poor club delivery, either impact point on the face or spin loft.

If you're only concentrating on club path and face angle then you should ask for a report with only those numbers, the other numbers aren't relevant.

Course they're relevant, I'll get him to correct it rather than leave them out

what the fook are yis talking about

Once you give TrackMan a go you'll enjoy it :P, lots of numbers but when you know what you're looking at it makes for interesting stats

For example, I was trying to cure an out to in swing, this shows up on the report as a minus figure in the Club Path column. A plus figure means you're coming from the inside. Anyway, I was attempting to overdo (or so I thought) an out to in swing but TrackMan still had me as in to out. Believing you're doing something correctly versus TrackMan giving you the facts can be worlds apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Impressive smash factor figures, been working with launch monitors for many years and have never seen an amateur hit 1.5 more than once or twice every 10 shots. The PGA tour average is 1.49, a 5 handicap should be in around 1.45.

Impressive smash factor figures, been working with launch monitors for many years and have never seen an amateur hit 1.5 more than once or twice every 10 shots. The PGA tour average is 1.49, a 5 handicap should be in around 1.45.

Thanks

Advertisement