Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"What if?" Kindle edition 99p

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Excellent. Thanks OP. Looking forward to getting stuck into this now.

Edit: On a side note, is there a thread for kindle book deals ? Searched but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

When I click through it says "This title is not currently available for purchase"

Anyone else getting this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

No, but when i followed the link i got amazon, but no pictures, just txt.
    Type in www.amazon.co.uk and search for the book, comes up easily enough.
    Just started reading it, looks great for when you want something to dip in and out of, got a Kindle for xmas, cheers OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The 2 links above are for the older version, the most recent one is here for the same price
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-If-Scientific-Hypothetical-Questions-ebook/dp/B00IYUYF4A/ref=dp_ob_title_def

Edit: Nevermind, the most recent version is not currently for sale and you're redirected to the one in the above links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The 2 links above are for the older version, the most recent one is here for the same price
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-If-Scientific-Hypothetical-Questions-ebook/dp/B00IYUYF4A/ref=dp_ob_title_def

Edit: Nevermind, the most recent version is not currently for sale and you're redirected to the one in the above links.
    I just bought it for 99p

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

Now it says: "This title is available to UK customers only."

I have a UK address and UK card on my account. Are they blocking by IP location?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Could be IP restricted...

I'm in work and my IP is seen as our gateway is in the UK, so my public IP looks like a UK IP

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Just bought it now .if you add in a uk address to your addresses it will let you buy . But after make sure that uk address is not left as default address as that's where ur future purchases will go to.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I just bought it for 99p

So did I, but the latest version is the one unavailable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I clicked on the link in the second post and it came up no problem. ...

Cheers op, just the sort of thing I love to have on the kindle!

I know, but if you look at that page it will tell you there's a newer version of the book with a link, but when you go to the newer version it's currently unavailable for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Just purchased it there. As ThisRegard mentioned, on the newer version page, it shows as unavailable.

Click on the Kindle Edition box, and it appears in your basket for 99P ;)

Enjoy.

Edit: Got it for 80p :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭savemejebus

What is the difference between the newer and older versions?

Is it possible to buy a kindle book for someone and have that then transferred to theirs? A gifting option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Good spot! Just grabbed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Is it possible to buy a kindle book for someone and have that then transferred to theirs? A gifting option.

Yes I did this earlier, on the American site though, it's below the regular purchasing options.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yes I did this earlier, on the American site though, it's below the regular purchasing options.

Have tried it on the U.K. site before and it wasn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Thanks OP, really enjoying this book.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Just bought, cheers Op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

kfrp wrote: »
    Just bought, cheers Op

What price did you get it for? Its 4.99 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

What price did you get it for? Its 4.99 now?

£1.49, bit dearer than 99p but well worth it it for a 300+ page book

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Actually lots of great deals since this thread went up. Ive bought about half a dozen books in the last few days, most at 73p or 99p with one being £1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

kfrp wrote: »
    £1.49, bit dearer than 99p but well worth it it for a 300+ page book

surprised it jumped up since this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

adox wrote: »
    Actually lots of great deals since this thread went up. Ive bought about half a dozen books in the last few days, most at 73p or 99p with one being £1.99

Care to share?

Advertisement