Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Grand Vitara.. opinions

Options
  • 04-01-2016 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Thinking of purchasing a 2008 suzuki grand vitara anyone out there own one or know anyone that does? I am looking at the 4WD version. I would just like to see what other people think of them. I will be doing occassional towing with it but not much - maybe once or twice a month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭satnavadays

I can't comment on the the 2008 model, but the father has the 02 model with the 2 liter diesel and finds it very reliable and good on fuel. It's not bad for towing but it would be best for occasional use as you've mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Genral concensus is that the later model is a bit of a pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

I have a 2006 1.9DDIS and have owned it since 2008. I use it for occasional towing but mostly is my A to B car. The only minor problem I had with it was when I was only doing short trips and the diesel particular filter would block but a short spin on the motorway cleared it. Now I do more motorway driving it hasn't reoccurred. I keep it regularly serviced and I've never had any trouble. I find it quite economical to drive. It is quite basic but is perfect for me. I use it to tow one horse, short distances. It wouldn't compare with a landcruiser etc for towing but I couldn't justify the cost of running a bigger 4WD for the limited towing that I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

That seems exactly like what I need it for. I only travel to local shows and that's only maybe once or twice a month. I also need to commute to work and use it as my primary vehicle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement