Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE news Sharon Ni Bheolain

Options
  • 04-01-2016 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

She apologized to Ciaran Mullooly for the so-called shenanigans that were going on behind him. 2 anti-water charge protesters were holding placards behind him. Has RTE banned showing of any peaceful protesters on it's airwaves now? Proves that RTE are not for the people. Sure, it's easy for you to pay for your water Sharon with your nice wage packet from RTE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I didn't see this but I'll guess a bunch of noisy **** dancing about behind the correspondent didn't look too professional.

Not sure why you are attacking Sharon Ni Bheolain for being able to pay her bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

I didn't see this but I'll guess a bunch of noisy **** dancing about behind the correspondent didn't look too professional.

Not sure why you are attacking Sharon Ni Bheolain for being able to pay her bills.

They were not noisy, on the contrary, the presenter did not know they were holding protest posters up behind him. Fair play to them. Water, water everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What in the name of God has the treated, potable water which we all enjoy, and now (finally!) have to pay for, got to do with the current flooding problems? :rolleyes:

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What in the name of God has the treated, potable water which we all enjoy, and now (finally!) have to pay for, got to do with the current flooding problems? :rolleyes:

Finally have to pay for? Who provided the maintenance previously? Magical pixies?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

It was priceless TV. The camera tried to zoom in to shut them out but they were perfectly positioned and timed.
    There is a govt and media blackout on Irish Water these days due to ongoing god awful PR and the election so it was a clever move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Did she call them 'idiots'? If not she's still not as good as Dobbo!

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Did she call them 'idiots'? If not she's still not as good as Dobbo!

To be fair I think the idiots are the mugs paying water charges. An endorsement of waste, bureaucracy, corruption and cronyism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

To be fair I think the idiots are the mugs paying water charges. An endorsement of waste, bureaucracy, corruption and cronyism.

Yes, the mugs are those who pay for things, rather than those who just steal the product.

Given recent weather conditions, how many of these protesters are storing the water falling from the sky instead of stealing Irish Water product?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She apologized to Ciaran Mullooly for the so-called shenanigans that were going on behind him. 2 anti-water charge protesters were holding placards behind him. Has RTE banned showing of any peaceful protesters on it's airwaves now? Proves that RTE are not for the people. Sure, it's easy for you to pay for your water Sharon with your nice wage packet from RTE!

Many of the protesters can afford water charges, it's not that much.

Yes, the mugs are those who pay for things, rather than those who just steal the product.

Given recent weather conditions, how many of these protesters are storing the water falling from the sky instead of stealing Irish Water product?

:)

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/shane-ross/irish-water-was-slain-by-middle-ireland-not-paul-murphy-31541849.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Actually if I read correctly, they are quite interestingly and scandalously connected.
    Irish water took over water supply and also wastewater such as public sewers in towns etc. They did not however take charge of storm water drains and drainage. This would appear odd when previously all drainage would have been local authority responsibility.
    The reasoning - taking on the poison chalice that is storm water would be a money pit over and above that of the water supply infrastructure and it would not suit the long term objective of privatisation of irish water.
    It was easier to leave the hopeless case of flood defence and drainage in the hands of the tax payer.
    so yes, the flood water had nothing at all to do with irish water but thereon lies the scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I thought most people were back to work today.........obviously not these two.....

liam7831 wrote: »
    I thought most people were back to work today.........obviously not these two.....

It was after 6pm chief :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

NIMAN wrote: »
    Many of the protesters can afford water charges, it's not that much.

Give them a water butt, a thunderbox and a public standpipe. Plenty up here managed on that well into the 1980s before the group water scheme.

It was after 6pm chief :rolleyes:

Ya well soldier they must av been working on the side of the river since it was only a few minutes after six :o

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ya well soldier they must av been working on the side of the river since it was only a few minutes after six :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

What? RTE are now discriminating against protests on grounds of size? Must be a man with organ envy issues with his finger on the censorship button.

Shame on Montrose. Free the Paysful Two.

McDave wrote: »
    What? RTE are now discriminating against protests on grounds of size? Must be a man with organ envy issues with his finger on the censorship button.

Shame on Montrose. Free the Paysful Two.

They did look a little small alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

MMdtUSq.jpg

http://www.spayaware.ie/Spay-Aware-Spaying-Dogs.php

we should spay Irish Water protesters to make a gene pool a bit deeper

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Watched it back there and genuinely have no idea how anyone can have a problem with what RTE did.

If say there were people with either pro or anti abortion signs up behind Mullooley the same thing would have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I still would, that's what she said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Wow! In your fairy tale world all the people working on supplying the water used to do it for nothing!? It must be great on your planet.

I wish the pro water tax people would educate themselves even 1% before posting their spew.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Fieldsman

The water protesters shouldn't have to pay for water. I mean the water poured on them by a water canon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Watched it back there and genuinely have no idea how anyone can have a problem with what RTE did.

I imagine the same people shouting that it's a disgrace would change their tune pretty quickly if it was a pro-NAMBLA protest.

In other words - they think anything is ok because they support the protest and don't realise that ANY live TV program does not want distractions in the background regardless of what they're protesting about.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah I think that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

mayway wrote: »
    Wow! In your fairy tale world all the people working on supplying the water used to do it for nothing!? It must be great on your planet.

I wish the pro water tax people would educate themselves even 1% before posting their spew.

Of course they didn't work for free.

But now the money that was used to pay them could go towards "fixing up" pedestrian crossings and things to help keep schoolchildren a little bit safer crossing the road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

gctest50 wrote: »
    mayway wrote: »

Of course they didn't work for free.

But now the money that was used to pay them could go towards "fixing up" pedestrian crossings and things to help keep schoolchildren a little bit safer crossing the road

Bwahahaha!! I think you'll find the money has been pissed away putting in meters. You're assuming that these cretins have some interest in getting value for money. Let me burst that bubble for guy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

mod:

Way off topic, is no longer a discussion about a tv production or SNBh (was it ever?).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement