Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High resolution photos/ clipart....where to buy

Options
  • 04-01-2016 3:39pm
    Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a site to buy high resolution clipart/ photos for business card/ website use. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Google 'stock photography' and you'll find gazillions of them.

The big ones are shutterstock, istockphoto, bigstockphoto, dreamstime, fotolia.......

Be careful of signing-up for monthly/plans and be aware that some sites sell 'credits', credits per-download often vary depending on the resolution you need.

There's also a few free options like https://www.deathtothestockphoto.com

Were you looking for anything in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Death to stock is a great resource. You could however also commission something unique without spending too much money using snapwire.

smash wrote: »
    You could however also commission something unique without spending too much money using snapwire.

Nice find smash, bookmarking.

Graham wrote: »
    Nice find smash, bookmarking.
    I've been on it since it's beta launch. It's a good resource, and has even used by large multinationals.

smash wrote: »
    I've been on it since it's beta launch. It's a good resource, and has even used by large multinationals.

Are you buying or snapping? Any vague indication of pricing? Thanks

Apologies OP for briefly hijacking your thread.

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    Are you buying or snapping? Any vague indication of pricing? Thanks

Apologies OP for briefly hijacking your thread.
    I signed up as a photographer to see what it's like. Haven't been on in a while actually, but basically you'll have a company come and say something like "Offering $100 for a photo of a woman in a cafe using her phone" and the photographers have to submit photos to enter the competition. The photographers are vetted, and you must only select a max of 3(I think) industries. So if you're signed up as a photographer for retail/factory/motor then you can't enter a wildlife competition. You can only submit a photo where someone is identifiable if you have a model release form attached. I can't remember exactly how the commission structure works.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Thanks everyone, anyone know what size (mb) i should be getting, bear in mind I will also need it for a business poster and maybe van signs too

Thanks everyone, anyone know what size (mb) i should be getting, bear in mind I will also need it for a business poster and maybe van signs too

The larger the better if you're talking about blowing something up to van sized proportions. Talk to your sign-writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Web Graphic Designer

Worth mentioning you'll only need 150 instead of the usual 300dpi/ppi for any large format work (A2+).
    Billboards, livery and large outdoor usually even less and supplied to printers at around 25% scale.

Advertisement