Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Alarms

Options
  • 04-01-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Am looking for a wireless alarm system for our house. I see some systems on ebay for 100 and less... should these systems be avoided or will they do the job if a door or window is opened?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Keep away from them. If they were any good we would all be using them.
    For a fully wireless system I would recommend the GSD i70.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭kub

nd2no wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Am looking for a wireless alarm system for our house. I see some systems on ebay for 100 and less... should these systems be avoided or will they do the job if a door or window is opened?

Alarm systems are not like the price difference of Jacobs cream crackers between one shop and another.
    You will find you get what you pay for.
    So best avoid the cheap and nasty ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭nd2no

Thanks folks but I think the GSD i70 is about of price range. I only really need to secure 1 room (back door) any recommendations to secure a single room (apologies, probably should have stated that at the beginning)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you want it done right you are still using the same control equipment.

Advertisement