Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on PLC art portfolio courses?

Options
  • 04-01-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm doing my leaving this year and want to take a year out next year to do a portfolio, hopefully to continue on to either NCAD or IADT afterwards (at the moment I'm leaning towards doing animation in IADT). I was thinking of doing it in the Gorey School of Art as I'm quite close by so it would be handy for commuting. Does anyone have any experience with them, or know of anywhere that would be better? I've heard that Ballyfermot and BIFE have a good reputation, and I believe IADT do a portfolio course as well? Just trying to work out the best option, if anyone has any input! Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lola77

Hi Eimear,
    I'm in Gorey and I have a lodger staying with me doing a film making and photography course with them. Judging by him and the work he brings home its a fantastic place, I'm delighted because my daughter intends on doing the PLC course when she finishes school (she's in 5th yr now in GCC) Also we recently attended the open day in Dun Leary and one of the tutors told us Gorey Art School was his personal favourite feeder college so that has to be good !
    Also from a parents point of view, the stress of finding accommodation and the cost of living away from home can be a nightmare, put it off as long as you can !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eimear_97

Thanks! Wow, glad to hear such positive feedback. They were my first choice anyway but just wanted some reassurance before committing to a year long course. And good luck to your daughter as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 swhelband

Hi Lola

Great to hear the positive feedback.

Apologies for jumping onto the thread, but my daughter is considering Gorey for this September and we're just investigating logistics etc around Gorey as a whole (we're in West Cork so it's not a quick visit to check it out unfortunately!).

Is student accommodation easily found round Gorey?

Many thanks.

Simon

Advertisement