Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport name change Question

Options
  • 04-01-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey, I am changing my name on my passport and was wondering a few things. I have the 2 years worth of info that proves I have been using that name daily.

My questions are if I get a new passport with a new name do i get a new passport number?
    Also will it have my old name on the passport?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can you put up a scan of your passport page? It will be easier to answer your question if we can see all the details.

Also, can you put up proof that you have been using your name the past 2 years. Ideally a bank statement. Scan that up too.

Thanks
    Abegunde Ibukun Opeyemi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wanted to change the name on my passport but apparently you're only allowed change your name and not the of the country.

So sadly I am still unable to prove that I come from I'dRideYoreMaLand.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hi OP, AH isn't really the place to ask this question. There's a big thread in the travel forum for all passport related questions so you'd be best asking there :)

Thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861574

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement