Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix issues

Options
  • 03-01-2016 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with the streaming quality of Netflix?
    Last 2 weeks I'm not getting proper hd, internet connection is 100mbs and I'm the only one using it so that's not the issue. I've tried on multiple devices same result

I presumed over Christmas with the amount of people using it it might slow it down but its still the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Haven't noticed any issues myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Working fine for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Have had problems since two weeks before Christmas but was blaming broadband. Taking ages to start playinng and freezing frequently, sometimes for minutes. menus are all messed up too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It's been working fine here for me. Haven't noticed any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Little bit slow today to load a new show, but was fine to load the next few episodes.
    Sound woul drop for a second here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

you aren't by any chance using hola or a vpn to access netflix from other countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

you aren't by any chance using hola or a vpn to access netflix from other countries?

I am and no problems at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hola slows down my bb speed but netflix still works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

I am using unblock us as a VPN to access american netflix, I didn't mention it though because when I asked them they said all they are is a method to control where I was viewed as coming from and any speed issues were down to my internet connection that their service couldn't interfier with my speed or ability to watch in hd ...

I checked my speed tonight and its not as fast as I am supposed yo get, 10-16 MBS but that should still be easily capable of HD Netflix which says it needs only 5.

I never had any problems before at all using through unblock us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Goose81 wrote: »
    I am using unblock us as a VPN to access american netflix, I didn't mention it though because when I asked them they said all they are is a method to control where I was viewed as coming from and any speed issues were down to my internet connection that their service couldn't interfier with my speed or ability to watch in hd ...

I checked my speed tonight and its not as fast as I am supposed yo get, 10-16 MBS but that should still be easily capable of HD Netflix which says it needs only 5.

I never had any problems before at all using through unblock us.

Netflix is very unstable with certain vpns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Try without the vpn. You should see a noticeable improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Hola slows down my bb speed but netflix still works fine.

I wouldn't use Hola if I was you.

At the same time, in the past few months free VPN services have been tied to deceptive business practices. Hola, an Israeli VPN service that boasts over 48 million users, was widely criticized last month for selling its free-tier users’ idle bandwidth. This meant Hola’s millions of free users were unknowingly turned into a botnet that was utilized for criminal activities, including repeated denial-of-service attacks against the message board 8chan.

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/proxy-services-totally-unsecure-alternatives/

Advertisement