Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst thing said by beloved actor (or celebrity)?

Options
  • 03-01-2016 7:01pm

John Wayne is beloved by film fans the world over, particular those whose favourite genre is the Western.

However, in an interview in Playboy magazine in 1971, Wayne said the following

“I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people.”

Pretty shocking.

What do you think is the worst, most offensive comment ever made by a celebrity, who is still beloved in the public's eye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

George Washington: don't believe everything you read on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Probably a drunken Mel Gibson blaming the Jews for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,864 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He's some cowboy .

Didn't Sean Connery once say that he saw absolutely nothing wrong with slapping women?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Didn't Sean Connery once say that he saw absolutely nothing wrong with slapping women?

• Advertisement

Falthyron wrote: »

Ouch! That is pretty bad, alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Charlie Sheen is a bit of a nutter, full on tin foil poisoning.
    Oliver Stone and his Castro, Chavez brown nosing is a bit repulsive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Not an actor,and I'm not really a fan but its hard to top Eric Claptons racist onstage outburst at a concert in 1976 for outragous comments by a celebrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

darkdubh wrote: »
    Not an actor,and I'm not really a fan but its hard to top Eric Claptons racist onstage outburst at a concert in 1976 for outragous comments by a celebrity.

Could you write it down for us, please?

I doubt anyone is going to watch more than 10 seconds of this "reconstruction" of events tbh.

Its two and a half minutes long.If you can't be bothered looking at it then Google what he said.

• Advertisement

I agree, pretty damning stuff, but it cost him his 'beloved' status.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

So the PC Brigade are now turning back in time to feign outrage at comments made 45 years ago in a different era?

Nonsense thread, get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Hugh Grant: "Get in"

So the PC Brigade are now turning back in time to feign outrage at comments made 45 years ago in a different era?

Faux outrage at apparent feigned outrage; this outrages me.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

This outrageous statement is brought to you by beloved actor Peter Anthony, who starred in classics such as "The Temptations", "Stark" and From "The Earth to the Moon".

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

His Road to Redemption starts here..

https://twitter.com/goldenglobes/status/684103432823640065

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

darkdubh wrote: »
    Its two and a half minutes long.If you can't be bothered looking at it then Google what he said.
    Seriously, write it down.. Not all of us are at home eating cornflakes, some of us are on trains...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Seriously, write it down.. Not all of us are at home eating cornflakes, some of us are on trains...

Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. Wogs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some ****ing wog...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the ****ing foreigners and wogs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You ****ing (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. ****ing wogs, man. ****ing Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and ****ing Jamaicans and ****ing (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want ****ing wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for ****'s sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Clint Eastwood's joke on stage with invisible Obama was pretty cringey and went down like a lead balloon with people.

Read a book then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Charlton Heston's presidency of the National Rifle Association, culminating with his speech holding up his rifle saying they'd only get it 'from his cold dead hand'.

This was his response to calls for gun control after yet another school massacre.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wedwood wrote: »
    Charlton Heston's presidency of the National Rifle Association, culminating with his speech holding up his rifle saying they'd only get it 'from his cold dead hand'.

This was his response to calls for gun control after yet another school massacre.

you really shouldn't be depending on Michael Moore for your 'facts'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Apparently Jennifer Lawrence said she masturbates while watching Larry David.

I never thought it could be possible for anything to ruin a mental image of something like that for me - but there you go, it's ruined!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

crybaby wrote: »
    Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. Wogs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some ****ing wog...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the ****ing foreigners and wogs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You ****ing (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. ****ing wogs, man. ****ing Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and ****ing Jamaicans and ****ing (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want ****ing wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for ****'s sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!

Jesus, that's a bit heavy alright!

Any chance he was just joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

what was inaccurate about what he posted?

what was inaccurate about what he posted?

pretty much the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Actually, Heston's comments were publicised before Moore made his Bowling for Columbine movie in 2002. It was on a TV programme called 'the news' in 2000, 2 years beforehand.

The Columbine massacre happened in 1999, Presidential candidate Al Gore said gun control was part of his election campaign on foot of the Columbine massacre and Heston who was chair of the NRA in 2000 gave his response in the below video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ0SwS-ff2Q

Wedwood wrote: »
    Actually, Heston's comments were publicised before Moore made his Bowling for Columbine movie in 2002. It was on a TV programme called 'the news' in 2000, 2 years beforehand.

The Columbine massacre happened in 1999, Presidential candidate Al Gore said gun control was part of his election campaign on foot of the Columbine massacre and Heston who was chair of the NRA in 2000 gave his response in the below video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ0SwS-ff2Q

Except that Bowling for Columbine gives the impression that heston said it in the aftermath of columbine and in direct reference to those events. Which is not true. Only one example of the very dodgy editing done by Moore. In short, Moore has been proven to be dishonest and should be stripped of his oscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Except that Bowling for Columbine gives the impression that heston said it in the aftermath of columbine and in direct reference to those events. Which is not true. Only one example of the very dodgy editing done by Moore. In short, Moore has been proven to be dishonest and should be stripped of his oscar.

The poster never mentioned BfC or Michael Moore... You did.

• Advertisement

The poster never mentioned BfC or Michael Moore... You did.

he made this claim

which originates in BFC.

Advertisement