Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tablet keeps restarting

Options
  • 03-01-2016 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung galaxy tab A and within a day after I bought it, it restarted randomly, ever since then it restarts itself regularly which is really frustrating. Anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

From here (https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/161095/The+tab+is+in+an+endless+reboot+loop.)
    Do you tray factory reset?

You can make this from Android Recovery Menu (this will erase all your personal data!!!)

Pres and hold VolUp and PowerOn keys until you see android logo.

Use VolUp and VolDn keys to navigate in the menu and PowerOn for OK.

Choose wipe data / factory reset, yes erase all data and finally - reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

protog777 wrote: »
    Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung galaxy tab A and within a day after I bought it, it restarted randomly, ever since then it restarts itself regularly which is really frustrating. Anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks

Factory reset should only ever be a last resort and feck all use to you if u don't know what caused the problem as it could resurrect itself!

The first step is always turn off and then turn on as opposed to a reboot - see if problem persists.

The next step is go into Settings/Applications and select any app you installed since purchasing the device and stop them - see if problem persists.

After that, try rebooting your device in safe mode, and see if the problem persists.

Come back and give us the results of all three. Then, we have some details to work with.

Advertisement