Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots-centrum multivitamins 1/2 price and 3x2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Vitamin supplements are a cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cod liver oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Hi Tombstone,
    I was just curious as to why you think that multivitamins are a cod.
    I have heard that before also, do you think its all brands.
    I wouldn't mind paying the money for something that works, especially to help the immune system.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I used to take multi's and to be honest felt no better. Perhaps I was hoping for big differences, maybe they were doing some good inside me?

I just think that the whole vitamin industry is a bit of a red herring too. I mean if you eat well, fresh fruit and veg, little or no junk food, cut back on bad foods, fat, sugar, biscuits, alcohol etc, then you will get all the vitamins you'll ever need without having to buy extra at high prices.

I work shifts and often feel tired, something thats hard to avoid if you work strange hours. I once tried Berocca to see if I could see an improvement. For the huge price they charge, I did not feel one iota better.

Same for those probiotic drinks and their millions of 'good cultures/bacteria'. Studies have shown that the vast majority of anything good in them is killed by the stomach acids before they are absorbed. And they are a shocking price too.

I wonder can anyone say that they genuinely feel better for taking a multi-vitamin? Really different? I would severely doubt it. Placebo effects maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭swampy353

jopax wrote: »
    Hi Tombstone,
    I was just curious as to why you think that multivitamins are a cod.
    I have heard that before also, do you think its all brands.
    I wouldn't mind paying the money for something that works, especially to help the immune system.
    Just my understanding; vitamins pills are of no benefit unless you are on a very restrictive diet or have some medical issue. They have been found to have no impact on prevention of chronic illness.
    Any additional vitamins above and beyond what the body needs are excrited through urine.
    Long article on the subject here
    http://hub.jhu.edu/2013/12/17/vitamins-might-be-harmful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭jefferson73

Is this false advertising and a lie?

http://www.pharmaton.ie/info/faq/adults_vitality.html

Link here.

Pharamaton - It is clinically proven
    For Pharmaton® Capsules many clinical trials have been conducted and all indicate that the product is helpful in enhancing cognitive function and improving psychological conditions and physical performance. One clinical trial has shown that the combination of vitamins, minerals and trace elements and the standardised G115® Ginseng extract contained in Pharmaton® Capsules improves quality of life more effectively than the same combination without Ginseng. 

It is safe?
    The safety of Pharmaton® Capsules has been demonstrated in several clinical trials, and has been confirmed by the extensive use of the product in the last five decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Del007

I ordered some of these during the week. From reading articles about their effects or lack of, I won't be collecting, my order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Del007 wrote: »
    I ordered some of these during the week. From reading articles about their effects or lack of, I won't be collecting, my order.

But you've paid for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Del007

athtrasna wrote: »
    But you've paid for them?

Non collection of an order:

We'll hold your order in store for 14 days, after this time we will return it to our warehouse and you will be refunded.

Advertisement