Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blury HDMI Output to External Monitor

Options
  • 02-01-2016 2:13pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently hooked my HP Z24i monitor to my HP Spectre x360 Ultrabook for the first time, since my 8 year old desktop is getting a little bit long in the tooth and is so slow that I plan to use the laptop in it's place with aid of a docking station.

However one thing is annoying me. The HDMI output on the Spectre X360 to the Z24i is not as sharp as the DVI cable I am using between my desktop and the monitor, it's not really unusable, but it's not as crisp without doubt and it's the one thing that is annoying me to decommission the desktop.

The monitor is razor sharp on the desktop, set at native resolution of 1920x1080 @60HZ, it looks absloutely perfect, which is what I'd expect with a monitor in the class of a Z24i, however the same monitor via the laptop produces very average, soft text set at the same 1920x1080 @60hz resolution.

The desktop is running Windows 7 whilst the laptop is running Windows 10. When I first upgraded the laptop to Windows 10 when it first came out I downgraded it back to Windows 8.1 because of issues with bluryness on the laptop screen, now that was fixed by a driver update, so I upgraded again and the laptop screen is nice and crisp too.

I've checked DPI and scaling settings for the display on the laptop, as well as refresh rates and resolutions. I'm sort of guessing it could be HDMI cable related, or simply the HDMI output on the laptop is crap, although that would surprise me being the premium laptop it is.

Anything you can suggest?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Downloaded the latest graphics drivers via HP update which has made a big improvement with text sharpness must have been software/driver issue after all.

However I have an issue now where black text is not properly black, it's a very dark purple

If I revert back to old driver I have perfect color but fuzzy text

Advertisement