Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google very slow to open.

Options
  • 02-01-2016 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas why Google is very slow to load up on my phone?

Any other bookmark will open almost instantly, but Google takes approx 15secs to load. I even have Google.ie set up as my home page, yet it is very hit and miss to load.

It (google) loads perfectly on my other devices (nexus 6, laptop, and Note4)

Using S6 edge plus, 5.1.1 using chrome as the browser.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Anyone any ideas why Google is very slow to load up on my phone?

Any other bookmark will open almost instantly, but Google takes approx 15secs to load. I even have Google.ie set up as my home page, yet it is very hit and miss to load.

It (google) loads perfectly on my other devices (nexus 6, laptop, and Note4)

Using S6 edge plus, 5.1.1 using chrome as the browser.

Cheers.

Do me a favor, test it on wifi, then turn wifi off and use cellular data then try again. Tell me if its much quicker on cellular. If it is tell me your ISP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

projectgtr wrote: »
    Do me a favor, test it on wifi, then turn wifi off and use cellular data then try again. Tell me if its much quicker on cellular. If it is tell me your ISP

Yeah it opens almost instantly when on 3G/4G.

My ISP is Vodafone, I've decent enough speeds too.

dvlken.png

Having the same issue here and im with vodafone too, fine off wifi but as soon as im on my home network google is slow to respond and im having trouble with suggestions in search coming up too. Im wondering if its part of this issue i logged with Vodafone,

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057539101

projectgtr wrote: »
    Having the same issue here and im with vodafone too, fine off wifi but as soon as im on my home network google is slow to respond and im having trouble with suggestions in search coming up too. Im wondering if its part of this issue i logged with Vodafone,

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057539101

Yep, sounds like were experiencing the exact same problems.

I'm seriously considering switching to eir. Just don't know enough about them at the min.

Yep, sounds like were experiencing the exact same problems.

I'm seriously considering switching to eir. Just don't know enough about them at the min.

Eir is just eircom its just a rebrand, vodafone run off their network, but no sign of them having these issues, im holding out for vodafone to sort it, but im not under contract so if they dont im out of there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I have the same issue as well, tried everything but couldn't find a fix, I'm also with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 edfitzphotos

Your phone Internet connection may be having a conflict between your home wifi and your mobile data interface. The phone will attempt to find the strongest connection when both wifi and mobile data are turned on and may well be switching between one and the other as singal strength varies, thus giving that awful lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Vodafone also and noticed the same issue the last week.
    Anytime I search from the address bar it's using Google but it takes an age. It's fine when out and about so it must be the home broadband.
    What are they up to?

I have noticed that putting chrome into "incognito mode" eeliminates the issue also (when using my VF WIFI network)

Its a bizarre one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I've found over the last few major changes to the app, the Google app is just sluggish to start always. One infuriating thing it does (and the same with all of the Google apps actually) is if you start typing when it starts up, it will reset your input field when it's decided to finally kick in, or it will mix up your letters. It used to be so much more streamlined before they bogged it down with unnecessary startup routines and annoying cards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement