Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming

Options
  • 01-01-2016 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Hello , I could do with some help . I am in my 60's and my grandson is 12 and we could do with some help in the gaming area , things like Steam and getting an elegato card working etc .

Is there any kind of club in Limerick we could join and avail of some expertise ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

marienbad wrote: »
    Hello , I could do with some help . I am in my 60's and my grandson is 12 and we could do with some help in the gaming area , things like Steam and getting an elegato card working etc .

Is there any kind of club in Limerick we could join and avail of some expertise ?

Thanks

There is a gaming forum on Boards and most are very helpful . You could try asking whatever your main concern is here as I am sure there is more than one or two gamers frequenting , even some of the silver haired variety like myself :) . I have to say I'm a bit surprised to hear you mention the Elgato card as I would have thought this was only for more experienced people looking to capture and upload game play videos .

I am not aware of any clubs as such in Limerick , even the old gaming lan's and cafe's are a thing of the past .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

jonski wrote: »
    There is a gaming forum on Boards and most are very helpful . You could try asking whatever your main concern is here as I am sure there is more than one or two gamers frequenting , even some of the silver haired variety like myself :) . I have to say I'm a bit surprised to hear you mention the Elgato card as I would have thought this was only for more experienced people looking to capture and upload game play videos .

I am not aware of any clubs as such in Limerick , even the old gaming lan's and cafe's are a thing of the past .

We bought him the elegato card for his birthday not knowing any better really.

I will give the gaming forum a go and see how it works out. He gets on very well on his own and learns more every day but every so often issues develop that are beyond us such as the legato or some current problems we are having with Steam .

Thanks for your help

Advertisement