Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cattery prices

Options
  • 01-01-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Can you help and tell me approx how much to expect realistically to put my cat somewhere for 6 nights in april? Getting various pricing results. Cat is normal, young, healthy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

10 euro a night is what I've paid, one place included food, one place didn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

10 to 20 a night (give or take) is what I'd expected; higher for very large individual areas but what matters most is that you get a good feeling about the person(s) and the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

The place I use is 14 euro a night, with 1 night free in 7. So a full week costs 84 euro. Food included although I always provide her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

My wonderful cattery charges €10/night, food included, but you can bring your own brand if you prefer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I'm going to ring around of course - But just looking for general experiences- Is there a discount for housing 2 cats together usually (ever!?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I'm going to ring around of course - But just looking for general experiences- Is there a discount for housing 2 cats together usually (ever!?)

Yes, usually a significant discount for house 2 dogs/2 cats together...

Thanks Aonb - Anyone recommend one around Limerick/Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Thanks Aonb - Anyone recommend one around Limerick/Clare?

You could try barkingham palace in Ennis. She has a fab set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Mines €22 a day (so drop on a sat morning, pick up Sunday eve is counted as 2 days) for two cats sharing. I provide my own food also. It's expensive but she's fantastic, I completely trust her with them.

I had to use a different cattery when my regular was on holiday and they came back with smelly loose stools, and despite providing my own tinned food (they wanted to charge me extra to use their food) there was a bowl of dry gocat in the cage. One cat was fat and the other skinny so obviously never heeded my warning to feed separately either. After that I have no problem spending a few extra euro for piece of mind.

A good cattery/kennels will have no problem with you calling for a look around or might even suggest it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Has this country gone mad again in its prices?? €22 a day is daylight robbery for a little cat :eek: I'm sorry but anyone charging that much has a brass neck and any one prepared to pay it is a bigger eejit. Just how good do they have to be to justify that kind of cost?

I use a really wonderful cattery in Kerry. Prices of about €8 a day,the going rate here in Kerry unless they've gone up dramatically in the last few months and I don't think so. That doesn't include food obviously, you supply your own. But the lady who runs it is excellent. Devoted,adores cats, extremely reliable and the cattery is spotless and very cat friendly with lots of toys. I would imagine that too should be the rate in the Limerick / Clare region, an average of about €10 a night, the city would probably be dearer.

OP,ring around and go and visit them in person so that you can see exactly what kind of service they provide and if it would suit your kitty.

• Advertisement

acequion wrote: »
    Has this country gone mad again in its prices?? €22 a day is daylight robbery for a little cat :eek:

Thanks Acequion - Could you pm me a name please?

Yes - Thats Ireland - If people will pay €22 this year it will be €25 next year.

I dropped our dog into a well known kennels last year and he was skin and bone 2 weeks later on collection.

The one before that the dog was never let out of his enclosure as I found out by accident.

In fairness Zapperzy said 22 for two cats sharing. So 11 each isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

acequion wrote: »
    Has this country gone mad again in its prices?? €22 a day is daylight robbery for a little cat :eek: I'm sorry but anyone charging that much has a brass neck and any one prepared to pay it is a bigger eejit. Just how good do they have to be to justify that kind of cost?

That's for two cats, think she's about €12 for 1 cat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Zapperzy wrote: »
    That's for two cats, think she's about €12 for 1 cat

My apologies Zapperzy, I saw €22 and went :eek:

Advertisement