Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for more shows or films like Making A Murderer, The Jinx etc

Options
  • 01-01-2016 8:41pm
    Site Banned Posts: 16

Netflix's "Making a Murderer" was incredible and it led me to binging on others like it on my Christmas hols. The Staircase is on Youtube and is even better than MAM and Im now just starting The Jinx, a HBO documentary with great reviews.

Any others like them? TV shows or films, both are fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Paradise Lost docs are about the west memphis three and well worth watching

• Site Banned Posts: 16 CongoDance

I tried and abandoned that after 20 minutes. Its not on the same level quality wise as MAM and The Staircase. Id go as far to say that the Staircase is even better than MAM with some incredible twists and turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Where are people streaming The Jinx from?

• Site Banned Posts: 16 CongoDance

1966 wrote: »

Google is your friend.

The Thin Blue Line looks good too as far as this genre goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Have only seen about half of these myself, but seems to be a pretty good list of recommendations for similar documentaries...

http://www.techinsider.io/best-true-crime-documentaries-to-watch-2015-12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Seven Five is about the corrupt cops of the 75th Precinct of New York is a really good watch and you see how easy it is for cops to cross the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

1966 wrote: »

Its on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

West of Memphis is a more recent doc on the whole thing,excellent watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

CongoDance wrote: »
    I tried and abandoned that after 20 minutes. Its not on the same level quality wise as MAM and The Staircase. Id go as far to say that the Staircase is even better than MAM with some incredible twists and turns.
    Do you know where I can watch episode 9+10 of the staircase

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Netflix's "Making a Murderer" was incredible and it led me to binging on others like it on my Christmas hols. The Staircase is on Youtube and is even better than MAM and Im now just starting The Jinx, a HBO documentary with great reviews.

Any others like them? TV shows or films, both are fine.

listened to a podcast on nerdist about Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter about a 20 year Homcide cop recounting his cases https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide_Hunter sounds better then most true crime tv shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

No way. I was gripped after the first 5 min. Watched the first one back in 06 and have been following the West Memphis 3 ever since.

They never really got proper, proper justice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

massy086 wrote:
    Do you know where I can watch episode 9+10 of the staircase

It's on youtube too. It's a separate video about 1.5 hours long though the first half hour or so is very much a recap.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

It is a poscast but Serial is good, just listened to the first one yesterday! it is something similar to MAM again, good for those january attempts at regaining fitness runs and walks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Once you've finished with season 1 of Serial you should check out Undisclosed Podcast . You have to finish Serial first though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Hi I've watched MAM and The Jinx and thought they were brilliant (esp MAM - they've definitely been set up!) I've been trying to find The Staircase but can't find it anywhere. I've tried Netflix, showbox, movies hd, YouTube and can't find it anywhere. All I get when i search for it is to buy it off Amazon or iTunes, someone mentioned earlier that its on YouTube so maybe i'm not looking right. Any chance someone could post a link to it please if they have it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

If you want disturbing documentaries, check out The Bridge. Warning - very very disturbing. Filmed suicides in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anaiyela

Hi I've watched MAM and The Jinx and thought they were brilliant (esp MAM - they've definitely been set up!) I've been trying to find The Staircase but can't find it anywhere. I've tried Netflix, showbox, movies hd, YouTube and can't find it anywhere. All I get when i search for it is to buy it off Amazon or iTunes, someone mentioned earlier that its on YouTube so maybe i'm not looking right. Any chance someone could post a link to it please if they have it? Thanks

Hi, I've watched half of The Staircase on Youtube. I couldn't find the link this morning when I went looking for it.

I found the episodes here but they're not available in Ireland

http://www.docclub.com/the-staircase/documentary/367/1/

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

Dear Zachary.... very sad but absolutely brilliant, must see. On youtube

Central Park Five, not as good as some others mentioned but astonishing how false statements were given under duress.

And agree with the above mentioned:
    Thin Blue Line
    West memphis 3/Paradise Lost

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Hi Anaiyela

I fear they may have taken it down following the popularity of MAM in the hope that people will be prepared to buy it online. I'll keep an eye out in the hope that someone posts it up somewhere.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I see Avery's defense attorney Dean Strang is appearing on the Ray Darcy show tonight.

Finished Making a Murderer this week & thoroughly enjoyed it, though I think it's tone & direction were heavily influenced by Jean-Xavier de Lestrade's 'The Staircase' - which remains a more taut & compelling documentary overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sorry just bumping this thread so I can find it tonight when I'm In front of my box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just finished watching the staircase its really an excellent made series, I am probably not allowed post the link but I found a torrent link with the original series and a few BBC documentaries about it so if anyone wants to pm id be happy to share.

Is there any follow up available from the sequel last chance? Or does it just end there for now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The Killing Of America:a documentary from the early 80s thats up on YT.Its about the rise of violent crime in the States since the 60s.Be warned it makes for pretty grim viewing,including interviews with a number of jailed serial killers and some graphic footage.

Advertisement