Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Ski Cariage/ Excess Charges

Options
  • 01-01-2016 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

Finally packed and ready to depart to Geneva tomorrow with Aer Lingus - can't wait.

Invested in a Dakine Fallline Double Ski Bag for this season to try and make transporting all the gear easier. The fully packed ski bag weighs 26kg however according to Crystal and the Aer Lingus site the maximum weight allowance for sports equipment is 23kg.

When we have flown with Aer Lingus carrying skis etc. in the past I don't ever recall them weighing our ski bag. Has anyone experience this season?

If we are to drop to 23kgs it means moving a ski boot to the suitcase which, given we are only carrying one between us, is already jammed.

Thanks for any advice. Have a great season.

TDM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Put your ski boots in a carry on bag? I always bring mine on board, just in case they go walkies!! Would be a pain to arrive without them... They fit in perfectly into my carry-on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Hi all,

Finally packed and ready to depart to Geneva tomorrow with Aer Lingus - can't wait.

Invested in a Dakine Fallline Double Ski Bag for this season to try and make transporting all the gear easier. The fully packed ski bag weighs 26kg however according to Crystal and the Aer Lingus site the maximum weight allowance for sports equipment is 23kg.

When we have flown with Aer Lingus carrying skis etc. in the past I don't ever recall them weighing our ski bag. Has anyone experience this season?

If we are to drop to 23kgs it means moving a ski boot to the suitcase which, given we are only carrying one between us, is already jammed.

Thanks for any advice. Have a great season.

TDM

Yep. Weighed every time before they label it. Then you bring it to oversized luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

Top tip, leave the @rse of the ski bag hanging off the scales and it should come in under 23 KG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭thedavman009

Hi all,

Returned from Avoriaz last night.

When departing from Dublin Airport the ski bag was not weighed, only our suitcase which was 20kg spot on.

I bought a new pair of skis in resort so knew the ski bag would be considerably heavier coming back. It was weighed in Geneva and came in at 29kg but there were no overweight charges applied.

Given we only had one suitcase with us I am not sure if they were allowing our total weight allowance of 63kg (20kg + 20kg + 23kg) between the two bags or if this was their standard practice. Between our suitcase and the ski bag our total weight came to 47kg and the Rep advised if they were difficult just argue that we did not exceed our overall weight allowance and there should be no problems.

Have a great and safe season all.

TDM

Advertisement