Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Go on windows 10?

Options
  • 01-01-2016 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, ive been tearing my hair out. Have been trying to use setanta go online, am told mozilla or IE, but having serious problems with both. my silverlight does nt seem to be compatible with either.
    im using sky go support advice cos setanta dont have techical support for its own website!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

pinkles wrote: »
    Hi, ive been tearing my hair out. Have been trying to use setanta go online, am told mozilla or IE, but having serious problems with both. my silverlight does nt seem to be compatible with either.
    im using sky go support advice cos setanta dont have techical support for its own website!

Are you using Internet explorer or Edge browser which is the default browser in win10.

If you want to use internet explorer you can by pressing the win key+ r together and typing iexplore and then enter, not sure if this will solve your problem but worth checking..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pinkles

Hi thanks for the reply, i was originally using edge but dont use it an longer . i have IE now and using it.
    problem is i registered and used the site via mozilla .......but it would play with this...i presumed the reason was silverlight
    ....but i found out today from the sky go that mozilla is not supported on windows 10 (64 bit ) ....
    so when i switched back to IE the site told me that i had already registered the site on another devise = but its te same machine
    (just changed browsers)
    woud it be possible that the site blocks my access cos it thinks i have switched devices? ( i have merely changed browsers)
    very poor site overall and abysmal tech support with this service, so any advce on here is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

pinkles wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the reply, i was originally using edge but dont use it an longer . i have IE now and using it.
    problem is i registered and used the site via mozilla .......but it would play with this...i presumed the reason was silverlight
    ....but i found out today from the sky go that mozilla is not supported on windows 10 (64 bit ) ....
    so when i switched back to IE the site told me that i had already registered the site on another devise = but its te same machine
    (just changed browsers)
    woud it be possible that the site blocks my access cos it thinks i have switched devices? ( i have merely changed browsers)
    very poor site overall and abysmal tech support with this service, so any advce on here is much appreciated.

Not sure what to suggest via your problem but waterfox is a 64bit edition of firefox and is what i use myself

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pinkles

yeah just out of curiosity i tried water fox but same problems as with firefox.
    error messages. (something about "Watermark - (Format Invalid String)..."
    havent a baldie what it means in laymans terms...
    the error message is in portuguese as we got this acer in Brazil, i think it may be the version of silverlight or maybe its just time to give up !

Advertisement