Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hen party

Options
  • 01-01-2016 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for help as I'm trying to arrange a hen for about 25 girls on a hen, age group of early thirties. I was looking at roller skating but it got mixed reviews on trip advisor and thinking of staying at the clarion. If any of ye have feedback on the rollerskating that'd be great. Also any pubs and nightclubs that might do reserved seating? It's been years since I was out in limerick but I remember it as great fun :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Rollerskating: It is what you make it. If 25 of you turn up then you make the evening, not just for yourself, but for everyone there..................good or bad :D. My nephews and nieces love it and my wifes friends have things, good and bad to say about the experience(but that's down to them I assume).

Clarion is fine. Perfectly fine but any hotel will see you coming and likely allocate you rooms together and others away from you. Personally I think that The Savoy and Absolute offer comparable rates and better accommodation, at least on price comparison websites.

I know from my friends, my wife and her friends that a meal in La Chocolat would be a good choice.

As for reserved seating, I don't know of any but you should get in touch with popular places such as "The Red Hen" and "The Library". There are other good places for "groups" but I don't know anything about group bookings.

Best of luck.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Love the Savoy, look for rooms high up so you don't hear traffic noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hey there... When is the hen? See below re: after February.

If ye are staying in the clarion, Brimstone restaurant is literally across the road. The lads there do a cocktail making thingy for hens, have a nice bar downstairs - and bar/restaurant upstairs. I'm a little biased, in that I was married in there, and find the lads great to deal with. They'd do a deal on a group booking!

A little down the road is what used to be clohessys bar. I hear it's reopening as 'house' in February. Would suit a big group, if the timing was right.

Failing that - your usual bars like Red Hen, cobblestone joes, flanneries or smiths/icon would be only too happy to put on finger food and a reserved area.

Actually, clohessys has reopened just down from Nancy's. Another option.

Also, crush 87 / the orchard bar look after hens, free food / club entry, Champers, etc... Might be another option? If so, I'd stay in the Absolute hotel.

As for an activity??? There's not that much around. Two indoor karting places (one besude delta soccer dome, one in corbally), or maybe the 'jump lanes' trampolining might be a bit of craic? Check out FB. Located within delta soccer dome, not too far from the roller jam.

Or a night at the dogs with food, reserved bar area included?

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

House Limerick isn't opening until March.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

Hi tazwaz
    For a hen party activity maybe try life drawing? Seeing as you will be in Limerick look up Hen Party Hotties on Facebook

• Advertisement
Advertisement