Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years wishes and FPL resolutions:)

Options
  • 31-12-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

All the best to all contributors on the forum for 2016.....most of all have a healthy year ahead and an odd bit of fun is allowed too;)

My FPL New Years resolution is to take less point hits.....(that never seem to quite work out!)

Comments

Merry New Year all!.May all your transfers in for 2016 score hat tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

https://twitter.com/aguerosergiokun/status/682687719189950464?s=09

"Let's make this a great 2016!"

You do that big man. You do that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Aguero is my resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Next year I'll win it is the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

To cease membership of the millionaires club :o

Oh and a few less captain fails

Failing that, health n happiness will do ;)

Happy new year all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

stop buying Walcott :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    stop buying Walcott :D

You mean start selling mata

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Happy New Year

Mine is to stop picking duds for captains

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Watch more football. I haven't got watching many live games the last few years but these days I'm struggling to get to even Match of the Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Claw back over 100 points in my main money league, and prove I've not become shít at this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

1. Favour form over fixtures
    2. Don't take points hits
    3. Don't take risks with Captain picks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SkySter wrote: »
    1. Favour form over fixtures
    2. Don't take points hits
    3. Don't take risks with Captain picks

This is like one of those super hero movies where someone in a laboratory has created Prodston's arch-nemesis!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Points hits options are all unique.

As long as its not woth just one GW in mind it may be the best thing for your team and not doing it may cost you more dearly than the times you get one wrong.

People also seem to deem a hit a failure if it doesn't gain you 10 points the first week. As I've said before if you are not happy with your team a hit for a player who has a favourable fixture always tempts me, if it only breaks even you've made a change you wanted to make as another free transfer. Even it ends uo costing you 1 or 2 points I'd be happy, provided, i can't stress enough, its a change you're wanting to make for long or medium term.

In summary. A blanket no points hit rule / objective is imo silly and counter productive and will do more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CSF wrote: »
    This is like one of those super hero movies where someone in a laboratory has created Prodston's arch-nemesis!!!

I'm the hero FPL deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, they'll hunt me, because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm the hero FPL deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, they'll hunt me, because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight :cool:

Theo triple captain it is for Mr P this gw so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

FHFC wrote: »
    In summary. A blanket no points hit rule / objective is imo silly and counter productive and will do more harm than good.

Agreed. Last year I cost myself major points on a number of occasions because of 'points hits paralysis', where I felt a move was the right one but didn't make it because I felt I had taken too many during the season already (Walcott in GW38 being the biggest regret). You can't look at hits in that kind of aggregated manner, judge each one entirely on its own merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

SkySter wrote:
    1. Favour form over fixtures 2. Don't take points hits 3. Don't take risks with Captain picks

Same as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Belated happy new year, here's to making good captain choices!

Advertisement