Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy New Year

Options
  • 31-12-2015 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Here's to a tremenjus, ligindary, and above all an above international standard 2016!

Comments

Happy New Year everyone, looking forward to yet another year of you all reluctantly agreeing with me on everything...!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Here's hoping CJ Saviour ends up captaining Ireland in the 6N
    .......yes, I mean to start the year with a bang!! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Happy new year.

Happy same fantasy champion.

Happy Leinster not sucking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Happy 2016, all you crazy kids.

May the new year bring silverware for all the provinces whose head coaches share a name with a star sign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Use it!

:p

Happy new year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

2016 is a bright one lads. 4 provinces, any week any one is the best in the land, the next week they could be the worst. Some absolutely mouth watering players on their way to maturity. A nation that couldn't fill the void of bod will now struggle to leave a quality player out.

My memories of 2015.

Winning the 6 nations in the most epic final day in 6n history. My memory is Debaty, running 90m in the 56th minute like a man possessed.

Glasgow reaching their potential. For me it meant a lot when Glasgow finally delivered something for the good rugby fans of Scotland. They also won the title largely on the back of sexy rugby.

Watching Dan Carter finally reach the inevitable deserved conclusion of his career. The all blacks winning was probably boring / predictable. But if there was one thing that warmed my cold eliminated heart it was the smile on DCs face.

The things I'm looking forward to in 2016.

Connacht getting there. There could be anywhere as fair as I am concerned. Top 4 would be ideal. All I really care about is having a truly rising force to compensate for some slightly dimming lights.

Seeing some new players in green. Some great ulster centres, Ringrose, TOH, CJ, vdf.

Hopefully progressive selection at a national and provincial level.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Happy New Year.... hic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Zzippy wrote: »
    Happy New Year.... hic!

happy new year to everyone from me and bump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Happy New Year guys and gals. Hope you all have a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

aimee1 wrote: »

Vous etes en famille? Congrats!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭swiwi_

aimee1 wrote: »

Beer belly too, huh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Beer belly too, huh :p

getting there. While leinster are winning the pro12 final in edinburgh I will be otherwise engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭swiwi_

My rugby highlights 2015

1) 6N last day. Yeah it was great entertainment. With the right result :)

2) Highlanders run in the SXV. An advertisement for team spirit. Recipe: 27 hardworking, but essentially journeyman, players. Add a sprinkling of class at 9, 13 and 15. Play yer guts out for each other. Take home the trophy.

3) ABs vs France at Cardiff. Live. Sitting next to Dutch rugby supporters.

4) Argentinia back three. Tuculet, Cordero, Imhoff. Would be happy to see them in black, which is always the ultimate compliment from a Kiwi. A damn shame they had to take Ireland out though.

5) I supppose I'm obliged to say the RWC final. Nice to win without making an attempt to choke, or relying on the ref. A nice send-off for some great players. Was fun to watch with my Swiss work colleagues.

Finally, this forum actually. Why should a Kiwi no longer living in Ireland bother? Well, I spent some time on a Kiwi forum, and it wasn't great! Ok, you get to discuss all things Kiwi, but humility is not large among the posters. The Irish are great craic (genuinely), I find myself laughing on this forum more than elsewhere, and the rugby knowledge is just fine.

Happy 2016!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Happy new year all. Ligindary it will be :-). The next generation will write long and unappealing poems in decades to come describing the events of 2016. History will record that the events of 2016 transformed the Irish landscape. Kinda along the lines of 1916 :-)

Advertisement