Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to backup and restore?

Options
  • 31-12-2015 7:02pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend an app for backing up? I just want something simple that will take things like texts, phone history and maybe apps and back them up so I can wipe and restore later?

I know people talk about titanum but I found it horrible to use...

Any others worth a look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What phone do you have?

I have a HTC M8, HTC have built in app that backs up everything to the cloud every 2-3 days for me. Have full wipe and restore features too.

I have yet to find a third party app that works as well as the HTC one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah I had an M7 and the HTC backup was great, but I have a Oneplus One now and that app only works on HTC's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Titanium is the best you'll get, give it another go, once you find your way round it you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I have used super backup and my backup (purchased) found both good. I used them for sms, mms, call logs.

I use dropbox for photos/videos. Google for contacts.

Zascar wrote: »
    Yeah I had an M7 and the HTC backup was great, but I have a Oneplus One now and that app only works on HTC's...

HTC have discontinued HTC backup now, they are dropping more and more of their apps. Pretty disappointing.

Personally, I use Titanium Backup (pro version) and SMS Backup and Restore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

wizardman wrote: »
    I have used super backup and my backup (purchased) found both good. I used them for sms, mms, call logs.

I use dropbox for photos/videos. Google for contacts.

My backup pro is €7.54 :eek:
    what the fcuk does it do to justify that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

My backup pro is €7.54 :eek:
    what the fcuk does it do to justify that price?

I got it when i 1st switched to android from apple about 5 years ago. I paid 2.99 i think.

There wasnt a huge range of free backup apps that were good at that time. Also coming from apple i was used to paying for apps!

Advertisement