Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on striking off dormant company

Options
  • 31-12-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'd like to get some advice on a mess we have created with friend of mine.
    Back in 2012 we set up a company. We had two clients one in US and one from New Zealand (both web).
    in 2012 we had about 3000 income and in spring of 2013 another 6000. It did not work very well and both of us found a job.
    What we did wrong we were just sending money to our private accounts from company account (AIB) and issuing the invoice to our names. The money we got we declared as from coming self employment and It was so small amount that having a no other job we did not need to pay anything. It was about 3000 myself across 2012-13 and 6000 for friend of mine.
    On regular AR we submitted 0 balance sheet as the company had no profit.

What is the cleanest way of declaring everything and doing voluntary strike off the company?
    Shell we backdate the registration for PAYE and resubmit everything?
    Can I for example declare my part as the rent? company address is my home address.

We are kind of stuck here not knowing what to do. Any helpful advice?

Best!
    T

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Assuming all the company's returns are up to date with the revenue and CRO and it has no assets or liabilities then it should be possible to submit the company for voluntary strike off. The sums of money are relatively small to complicate everything with resubmission etc.

dbran

Advertisement