Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STCW Training

Options
  • 31-12-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

So I been looking at the Sea and Shore website and the courses they offer. A lot of it looks really useful but before I hit them up I was wondering if anyone here has done any of the courses?
    A lot of tugboat and barge jobs I been looking at list "Basic Safety Training" as a requirement. Would the courses on Sea and Shore give you any kind of official certificate/qualification once you finish? Would youse recommend any other courses that might help improve job prospects in this sector?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Have you been at sea before?If not and this is you first time applying,you gonna need the basic safety training.
    you will recive a certificate saying you have finished it with dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kuilis

Yeah first time applying no practical experience to go on so that's why I'm trying to make sure I get some proper paperwork out of any training I can get.

Kuilis wrote: »
    Yeah first time applying no practical experience to go on so that's why I'm trying to make sure I get some proper paperwork out of any training I can get.

You only need the basic then,and you will get training onboard as well,once you get some experience.

Ah that's grand. Thanks. Sent emails to a couple groups that run the full STCW basic so here's hoping I can get a place in the next round.

Kuilis wrote: »
    Ah that's grand. Thanks. Sent emails to a couple groups that run the full STCW basic so here's hoping I can get a place in the next round.

Best of luck:)

• Advertisement

Cheers! :)

Advertisement