Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything of note at the Wexford Slobs?

Options
  • 31-12-2015 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Heading down to the area for new years and I'll try to get to the slobs on Saturday morning. Anything unusual there at the moment?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Check http://www.irishbirding.com/birds/web , filter by county Wexford and look through it for stuff for WWR/North Slob. In the last two weeks there's been Spotted Redshank, Ruff, Marsh Harrier, and Black-Necked and Slavonian Grebes in the Harbour, visible from the hide just before the carpark.

There's always a chance that there's been other stuff not reported. I recommend checking the whiteboard inside the education centre when you get there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Hotei

Two Short-eared Owls were spotted there yesterday I believe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Short-Eared Owls, Hen Harriers, Merlin and our other more common raptors would all be regular on the North Slob this time of year.

Advertisement