Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector room

Options
  • 31-12-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm going to put a projector into the converted attic in the next month or so...
    I have to paint it soon and I was wondering do you have to use a dark colour or does it make any difference ..the missus would prefer if I used a lite colour thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Darker the better with no gloss finish, satin is a good compromise. My room is done in a dark satin red, so still looks nice without been too dark.

But Also the use of dark curtains can be an option. keep the walls brighter, but pull the dark curtains close around the screen when watching , And there is nothing to stop you also using dark curtains on the side walls, they would also look nice when tied back to the corners when not in use and are better for sound as you dont get it reflecting off the hard walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Well I'm going to use a screen anyway ..so does the wall behind the screen need to be dark ..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Well I'm going to use a screen anyway ..so does the wall behind the screen need to be dark ..

it helps. having a dark colour makes the screen stand out, so it appears bigger. a light colour reflects the light from the projector, so you end up seeing a large bright "frame" around the screen which makes it appear smaller.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82366808&postcount=241

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Comer1

Hi

I'm going to put a projector into the converted attic in the next month or so...
    I have to paint it soon and I was wondering do you have to use a dark colour or does it make any difference ..the missus would prefer if I used a lite colour thanks

The darker the walls, floor and ceiling, the better. Black would be ideal, but obviously not practical. When the projector is showing a bright image, light will be reflected from light coloured walls, floor and ceiling to make the image more washed out.

What projector do you intend to use?

Advertisement