Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC secure watch

Options
  • 31-12-2015 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a HKC secure watch alarm that has been having intermittent false activations with the shock sensors
    I have been setting the alarm by isolating the problem zone
    It went off twice last night (4 hours apart) in my absence
    The person at home could not reset the alarm the second time saying the message "access denied" was displayed

Any idea what's wrong ?
    Also is there a way to try and diagnose the fault in the zone?
    Any help much appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You have a faulty sensor or contact on that zone more than likely.
    The best way to find the fault is check the resistence

Disconnect the zone from the panel & remove any end of line resistors,
    Set you meter to continuity and connect the pair to the 2 meter leads.
    on a length of cable long enough to reach all your windows on zone 3.
    Make a note of the reading in ohms. One by one tap every sensor & open and close every contact. After a tap or an open close the resistance should return to the around the same value. If it does not disconnect that device , close of the pair wired into it & move on. Replace any that you had to close off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Op when the system said access denied then that means the incorrect code was put in.
    As KK said there is a faulty device on that zone, you might want to contact your installer.

Advertisement