Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd date

Options
  • 31-12-2015 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Just wondering I met this girl out one night and we got on well. We met on first date and it went well and we kissed. Now we are going on 2nd date and she has told me that I can stay at her friends house which is free that night we are meeting. We are going out and possibly staying in that house afterwards. I'm wondering is this a plan to have sex with me? I love the girl but I'm not into having sex with women I just have newly met,I might be odd but that's just me. What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Go as far as you're comfortable with. If she has an issue with not having sex then you're probably better off outta there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Go as far as you're comfortable with. If she has an issue with not having sex then you're probably better off outta there anyway.

Is it OK to refuse on those basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭chickenlicken2

Amprodude wrote: »
    Is it OK to refuse on those basis?

Yes completely. If things are moving towards the bedroom and you don't want it to, just say you don't want to rush things and you would prefer to wait and get to know her a little better.

You comment in your first post that you love the girl. After one date?? Perhaps don't mention this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Yeah, it's fine to say you don't sleep with someone til you know them a bit better.

But don't follow it up with saying you love her, like you've done here! Love is waaaaaay more intense than sex, and is something you should DEFINITELY hold off on until you know her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Just wondering I met this girl out one night and we got on well. We met on first date and it went well and we kissed. Now we are going on 2nd date and she has told me that I can stay at her friends house which is free that night we are meeting. We are going out and possibly staying in that house afterwards. I'm wondering is this a plan to have sex with me? I love the girl but I'm not into having sex with women I just have newly met,I might be odd but that's just me. What do you think?

It's not odd at all. I have slept with girls I liked early on and it was a disaster in so far as I didn't know the girl well enough for sex to mean anything, and it always ended the same with me not wanting to meet again. If you really like the girl - don't sleep with her until you really get to know her and the sex will hopefully be something a lot more meaningful and being your relationship to the next level. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

OK your coming across just a tad strange and strong with the use of the 'L' word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Is this the same girl you were in a twist about not too long ago? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057539580 There seems to be an awful lot of intensity and drama going on for what's just a second date.

Is this the same girl you were in a twist about not too long ago? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057539580 There seems to be an awful lot of intensity and drama going on for what's just a second date.

Thats her. She still on the cards at the moment anyway. I'm nervous though I just don't want to end something I'm enjoying at the moment and I think having sex woud be more damaging than good at this early stage. If she likes me enough I'm sure she will respect my decision and understand.

What do you all reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If she doesn't respect it then she's not worth hanging around anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I think if you are needing to start a new thread for each date there's a problem much bigger than where to sleep.

Are you usually so anxious op?

• Advertisement

I think if you are needing to start a new thread for each date there's a problem much bigger than where to sleep.

Are you usually so anxious op?

Anxious and nervous by nature, I don't get alot of opportunities in most things I do and when something goes some bit right I'm nervous of messing up. That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Anxious and nervous by nature, I don't get alot of opportunities in most things I do and when something goes some bit right I'm nervous of messing up. That's all.

Maybe you need to try and relax and not overthink things, that could be your resolution!!

Maybe you need to try and relax and not overthink things, that could be your resolution!!

I hate the unknown, it makes me shiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PsychoSue

I hate the unknown, it makes me shiver.

As someone who had serious OCD and anxiety I would strongly recommend that you look into ways of managing that fear of the unknown. It took me a long time but I'm no longer trying to predict or control every aspect of my life and I'm a much calmer and happier person now.
    The unknown DOESNT have to bad, it could be exciting. DECIDE to be excited about it, take control of your feelings, don't allow negative feelings to control you....

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

PsychoSue wrote: »
    As someone who had serious OCD and anxiety I would strongly recommend that you look into ways of managing that fear of the unknown. It took me a long time but I'm no longer trying to predict or control every aspect of my life and I'm a much calmer and happier person now.
    The unknown DOESNT have to bad, it could be exciting. DECIDE to be excited about it, take control of your feelings, don't allow negative feelings to control you....

A really solid piece of advice, go with the flow!

Advertisement