Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2016 O'Byrne Cup.

Options
  • 31-12-2015 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, if the FBD, gets its own thread, then the O'Byrne Cup deserves one too. :p

First two rounds.

Sunday 3rd January

Round One

Wexford v Dublin, Kennedy Park, New Ross 2pm (changed from Enniscorthy)
    Carlow IT v DCU, Carlow IT Grounds, 2pm
    Louth v Offaly, Darver Centre of Excellence, 2pm (changed from Drogheda)
    Kildare v DIT, Newbridge 2pm
    Carlow v Meath, Netwatch Dr Cullen Park 2pm
    Laois v UCD, Pairc Ratheniska, 2pm
    Wicklow v Westmeath, Bray Emmets 2pm (changed from Blessington)
    Longford v Maynooth, Glennon Bros Pearse Park 2pm (changed from Leo Casey Park, Ballymahon)

Round Two

Wednesday, 6th January.

Dublin v IT Carlow, Parnell Park 7.30pm
    Wexford v DCU St Patricks Park, Enniscorthy 7.30pm
    Kildare v Louth, Hawkfield, Newbridge 7.30pm
    Offally v DIT, Gracefield 7.30pm
    Laois v Carlow, Crettyard, 7.30pm
    Meath v UCD, Simonstown, 7.30pm
    Westmeath v Longford Tubberclair, 7.30pm
    Wicklow v Maynooth, Ballinakill Centre of Excellence, 7.30pm

With all the recent bad weather, especially in the south east, I'd be surprised if some of the first round of games are not affected. Enniscorthy was particularly hard hit. So feel free to post any weather related/flooding info/road closures that could be helpful to match goers. I'm heading down to to New Ross, so I'll bring a spare dingy if anyone needs one. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The Louth County Board has finally got sense and moved the game from Drogheda to Dundalk (as they will at least get a crowd now) on SUnday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

PD I'm thinking that if Enniscorthy is the same as I remember you have to go into the town and over the bridge heading to Oylegate/Wexford. It is completely underwater down at the Slaney from what I've seen on the indo. An alternate route is required

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah, saw that alright. According to Google Maps, the quickest way to New Ross (from the Red Cow) is on the M9 via KK. I suppose its quicker going via Wickla, if you are coming from South Co Dublin. But not if Enniscorthy is still under 2 ft of water. God love 'em.

Ok, I've plugged the changes into my original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Is the game still going ahead any news on the pitch

• Advertisement

No word of any cancellations so far. Keep an eye on the Leinster Councils twitter account. It's the best place for up to date news, match announcements, venue changes etc etc.

https://twitter.com/gaaleinster

Wexford v Dublin moved back from New Ross to Enniscorthy again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

The start of what'll be another clean sweep for the boys in blue this year.

COYBIB.

Semi final results :

Longford 1-12 Dublin 0-09

Meath 0-11 Louth 0-10

Meath v Longford next Sunday in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Bret Hart wrote: »
    The start of what'll be another clean sweep for the boys in blue this year.

COYBIB.

Scarlet for ya!

• Advertisement

iDave wrote: »
    Scarlet for ya!

Indeed,I'll guess we'll just have to do with the treble this year. Ugh,we're so deprived of success in the capital :D.

Best of luck too Longford,not going to be easy for them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I found this to be a good competition this year I missed the carlow IT Dublin game and the Wexford game was a poor turn out from the locals but there was all that flooding.
    The other games were good. Longford have been protecting leads on their last two games and want to win the competition. They showed the Dubs where their problems are on Sunday and were well drilled. I certainly think it has a place. Particularly if they ever use league form in the championship format.

The games this year were better than last year imho

Yikes. Did the heated arguments about dividing Longford in two break Boards? :eek:

O'Byrne Cup Final

Meath 1-17 Longford 1-11.

Congratulations to Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Hard luck to Longford. At times in the first half they held possession well and out passed us. A bit pedestrian though and inaccurate score taking.
    Nice to see our captain lift a trophy. One down three to go.

Advertisement