Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokey Titleist Wedge - help needed

Options
  • 30-12-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I am getting myself a new 60 degree wedge but didn't realise here are 4 different versions to choose from. Can anyone explain what this bounce factor means in layman terms? Or does it matter at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Typically people get 'sharp' 60 degree wedges with little bounce. To pick it off tight lies for example. But such club can dig in easily if hit a bit fat. That makes it a club that requires a bit of confidence and precision.
    Clubs that are often seen with more bounce are sand wedges e.g. 54 or 56 degrees. The increased bounce - often used with a slightly open club face - helps the club head to glide under the ball through the sand without digging in.
    They are no hard rules to this, whatever shots you get the club for is the deciding factor.

Advertisement