Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat refunds

Options
  • 30-12-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

Do u need to have ur vat invoices stamped or signed paid to reclaim the vat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭White Clover

Yes. They're after tightening up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Just putting finishing touches to mine now from building of cubicles .double checked all invoices to make sure my name and address is correct and all invoices are marked paid .ive also taken 10 different pictures to submit as I've heard they've gone very sticky .if submitted early next week I take it it could be 6/8 weeks till I see a cheque back

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

yeah heard the same from accountant went very sticky past year. Cases where been asked provide photos before and after to show work done claimed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

I just recently sent in a big bundle of invoices and any that weren't marked paid by supplier/contractor I just marked 'Paid in full' and date of payment myself. Got my refund no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Had several grand held up afew weeks because one receipt had "duplicate copy" wrote on it, I had to go back into the shop and get them to type up a letter one on headed paper (ie not through their normal receipt system), pain in the arse, and something yas should remember also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Timmaay wrote: »
    Had several grand held up afew weeks because one receipt had "duplicate copy" wrote on it, I had to go back into the shop and get them to type up a letter one on headed paper (ie not through their normal receipt system), pain in the arse, and something yas should remember also.

That's unusual, normally they pull out the receipts that they have an issue with and then just pay on the rest, at least that's been my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Dunedin

That's unusual, normally they pull out the receipts that they have an issue with and then just pay on the rest, at least that's been my experience

That's exactly what they did to me recently. Sent back anything that remotely looked like a copy and paid the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Now that I think about it they did have one or two other questions, they didn't like the idea of a submersible pump for the parlour ha, and wanted a photo of it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

They don't have any problem taking the vat off you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Sami23

Hi all - just wondering has anyone put through a vat refund for unregistered farmers lately as I am having difficulty submitting mine on the revenue my account system.
    I have all the details inputted and receipts uploaded but when i click submit I keep getting an error?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

That's strange. I did a couple last week for clients and they went through no problem. Is there any chance it's a general ROS issue and not just specific to your claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Sami23 wrote: »
    Hi all - just wondering has anyone put through a vat refund for unregistered farmers lately as I am having difficulty submitting mine on the revenue my account system.
    I have all the details inputted and receipts uploaded but when i click submit I keep getting an error?
    Thanks

Their system was down like the above earlier in the year, spent a hour uploading invoices and got a error message like above

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Farmer2017

Is it taking long to get vat back now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Sami23

Farmer2017 wrote: »

It is when you can't submit the claim :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Tileman

Farmer2017 wrote: »

I did one two months ago and the money was in my account 3wirkund days later. It was for fencing and materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Hi all
    Is the reclaim for cat done online anymore?
    I usually sent the receipts plus the completed form in. Is this all changed now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭mayota

Hi all

All online the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

mayota wrote: »
    All online the last year or so.

Thanks. Something to do over the Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Hi all

you can still send the paper vat 58 if you haven't access to internet

Advertisement