Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wood sheets and wood blanks for pyrography

Options
  • 30-12-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am looking at taking up the hobby of pyrography and have been searching for wooden blanks(boxes, napkin rings etc etc) and wood sheets which I could use the only stuff I can find seems to be from outside Ireland.
    I have found lumber yards but I'm a bit confused about what woods would be any good(and safe) for burning and even then I don't have the tools or space to shape that wood to what I want.

Can anyone put me in the right direction where to find this kind of stuff?

Thanks
    ChrisC22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wofias8

The Carpentry Store in Naas sell a lot of that stuff as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chrisC22

wofias8 wrote: »
    The Carpentry Store in Naas sell a lot of that stuff as far as I know

Thanks I took a look, good for tools and it seems they will cut timber to size, Not got much of what I'm looking for though. Might just end up ordering from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

A chap I buy stuff from has sycamore all the time. Perfect for pyrography. If you want his details just send me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Don't write them off too soon, they have plenty of blanks and pyrography equipment - not always shown on their website. Worth a visit. Other woodcraft/hobby shops around the country would also have stuff - if we know roughly where you're based you could get a nearby recommendation.

Advertisement