Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change OS from Windows to Android

Options
  • 30-12-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to change the OS on my sons windows tablet to Android?

He's not overly impressed with the lack of apps available and wants to access Google Play Store.

His Bush tablet came with an earlier version of windows(8 I think) and upgraded to 10.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Not possible.
    Sell it and buy an Android tablet would probably be your best bet.
    Is it possible to change the OS on my sons windows tablet to Android?

He's not overly impressed with the lack of apps available and wants to access Google Play Store.

His Bush tablet came with an earlier version of windows(8 I think) and upgraded to 10.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

No, they are dire devices. Sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

No, they are dire devices. Sell it
    Whats so bad about it?

Biggest problem is lack of apps. You can't root it to put any other os on it. It's really aimed at the person needing a mobile office. I had a Nokia lumina before and it was plagued with problems. Great music player though. Android is the only way to go

Sorry op. I misread your post as phone. I do believe you can root the tablet and install new os. Can't post link here but Google showing many articles on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

To be fair, the bricks and mortar store where you bought your device should have showed you this graph and pointed out the trend...Windows RT does not get a look in unfortunately (I would love if they did, competition is good)
    active_devs_2.png

Source:http://blog.appfigures.com/app-stores-growth-accelerates-in-2014/
    Android is easiest platform for new developers because you can program the apps on Windows, OS X and Linux.

Yes, it is a year old report, and Android Studio has improved greatly, so programming is even easier. In addition next year Android will be moving to Java 8 from Java 6/7 through OpenJDK, so for programmers this is even better. In short, I expect the growth in app developers to accelerate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Sorry op. I misread your post as phone. I do believe you can root the tablet and install new os. Can't post link here but Google showing many articles on it
    I spent most of yesterday installing an Android emulator onto it but it was still sh1te tbh.
    I restored the tablet to factory settings and now a blue screen flashes up telling me I need to change TCM options and to press yes.
    When I try to press yes the bloody thing is unresponsive.
    I'm returning it to Argos today and paying the extra few bob for a quality android tablet.

Advertisement