Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Brooker's 2015 Wipe (30-12 @ 9pm)

Options
  • 30-12-2015 1:34pm

Just a heads up for anyone who enjoys Brooker's Wipe series as much as I do - his 2015 Wipe is on tonight (Wednesday 30th December) at 9pm on BBC2.

With the year there's been, this will likely be a very interesting episode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Aah,.... Philomena Cunk & Barry Sh*tpeas..... how we missed ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Aah,.... Philomena Cunk & Barry Sh*tpeas..... how we missed ye!

They the two painfully unfunny contributers?
    What dirt on Charlie Brooker do they have that let them be on the Swipe year in year out?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sh1tpeas and Cunk are brilliant, they are a great pisstake of those talking heads who show up on shows like that and talk nothing but pure sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Hopefully a contribution from Adam Curtis too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Shítpeas I can take or leave but Cunk cracks me up every time. This sketch is no exception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wtf, it's on at 10 on bbc2 and 9 on bbc2 hd according to my upc box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Aidric wrote: »
    Shítpeas I can take or leave but Cunk cracks me up every time. This sketch is no exception.

Cracked up at the "what if men were women, would they be better femaninists?" question.

(That's not a typo)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,654 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Lowering the baaaaa :pac:

Found it somewhat disappointing, to be honest. Had let it record, so I can skip through any parts with those gobsheens, who took up far too much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Found it somewhat disappointing, to be honest. Had let it record, so I can skip through any parts with those gobsheens, who took up far too much time.

On the contrary, I thought it was the best I've seen for some time.

However it was also relentlessly depressing. Signifccantly I thought that they gave Barry ****peas and the Cunk girl some of the best lines,because let's face it, with Trump you can't parody it,you just do it straight and weep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

That was good. Best in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Wtf, it's on at 10 on bbc2 and 9 on bbc2 hd according to my upc box

BBC Norn Iron

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Thought it was very good, thought Barry and Philomena were great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,654 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Good stuff - I thought the item where Sh1tpeas and Cunk took a swipe at the media at how they suddenly realised the Syrian refugees were 'human' was well-handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

BBC2 norn iron 1 hour later than everyone else so missed it and recorded the wrong hour. Will be repeated late saturday though so no despair.

Having brooker back in january into february makes it easier to get through those first few weeks back after christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt record for me but thankfully twitter pointed out it was uploaded to youtube by a producer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJHTZLTLPho

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

apart from philemena cunk, i didn't enjoy it

Brooker and his sarky smarty pants persona is getting tiresome now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

fryup wrote: »
    Brooker and his sarky smarty pants persona is getting tiresome now

If it was a little bit less 'political soap box' it would benefit.

I thought it was great for the most part though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah, it was a bit too focused on UK politics, but overall I really enjoyed it. Cunk is a poor man's Ali-G though. She's fine with the comments on films/tv with the other guy, but her "moments of wonder" have got to be discarded. Hopefully a weekly series will happen this year again. Doug Stanhope would be much better than her piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not great this year IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Me and the GF normally look forward to it but the past while he's been too dominant on UK politics with these shows, unless you're aware what's going on the jokes will just fly over your head or you just won't care.

Tonight's show was definitely far, far more of a UK politics recap (20 solid minutes?) than anything else and left out a lot of things that Brooker would've normally had great fun poking fun at.

It was pretty damn good otherwise, though. Shítpeas and Crunk are usually a miss for me but their lines were on point tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Hotei

Cunk is a poor man's Ali-G though. She's fine with the comments on films/tv with the other guy, but her "moments of wonder" have got to be discarded. Hopefully a weekly series will happen this year again. Doug Stanhope would be much better than her piece.

Nah! I don't find that guy funny at all to be honest.
    I think Cunk is gas craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

6 out of 10 for me. Not as funny as other years, but much better than most stuff on TV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best thing about this show had to be cut...

https://twitter.com/DougStanhope/status/682388739411202049

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

After watching Screenwipe...I went on to CatchUp on Sky and watched all the episodes of Black Mirror.

I have to say they are very unusual, entertaining yet thought provoking particularly Charlie's view of technology in the future. Well worth viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I was wondering where he was.

Played vicar st. back in october. Was sold out by the time I went to get tickets a day or two beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed it. l'm annoyed though to hear they cut Doug's piece. The BBC have become very soft.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Repeated tomorrow night at 10pm on BBC2.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Didnt record for me but thankfully twitter pointed out it was uploaded to youtube by a producer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJHTZLTLPho

That's what I always quite like about Brooker, regardless of the quality of his stuff; his production company fully support the uploading of their content to YouTube.

Advertisement