Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension board for "short" alarm cables

Options
  • 30-12-2015 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Removed the older alarm and the cables are too short to reach the location of the new alarm,as per photo.
    I remember seeing somewhere a extension board / box or a distribution expander board,the name scapes me.

Anyone can help to get my hands on one of them,please !?
    Not sure if is alarm related or more as an electrical stuff..

Thanks in advance.

373104.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What panel are you putting up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Is the Siemens.
    Problem is the layout of the new frame will not fit on the wall so that current length of the cable to reach the connectors on the PCB.
    I will need to extend the present cables to do that.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could use an 8 zone expander like this
    s54542f101a100_spce650100_026_01_400x400.jpg

That would give you 8 zone inputs. Then mount the panel itself beside or below it and only exten what's needed. A keypad bus cable & maybe the bells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

@KoolKid ...sorry to confuse you .

I meant "something" that 'extends' the cables as per photo.

373165.jpg

The location of the old unit is not suitable for new cabinet so i had to move it away,to the left around 1m.
    I need something nice to allow the continuity but without using isolating tape or some temporarily / permanent solution.

Sorry,many thanks.

The expander would mean you do not have to extend and run all the cables.
    Otherwise its a junction box like this
    www.cqr.co.uk_images_logos_buttons_Junction%20Boxes_JB737%20big.jpg

And some trunking like one of these.
    trunking_1.jpg
    You will also need a separate junction in a spur for the mains.It is no longer acceptable to run flex on its own around a wall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement