Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elephone p9000 for 180e

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have a read of the Chinese phone thread, elephone seem to cause nothing but trouble. Would avoid the brand just on some of the stories ive read.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

boardbro wrote: »
    http://www.elephone.hk/P9000Event

you can also get an extra 50e + 50% off by buying a vip membership for 99e
    http://www.elephone.hk/P9000Event/P9000M_sub

Don't get that piece of crap for any money. I got the p8000 for 300 euros and it died 3 months after without playing too much around it.

tnethacker wrote: »
    Don't get that piece of crap for any money. I got the p8000 for 300 euros and it died 3 months after without playing too much around it.

Never ever give money to those robbers. I'm still out for 300 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Never ever give money to those robbers. I'm still out for 300 quid.

Why did you pay 300 quid. It was on sale in most places for about 160. I know someone with a p8000 and they are very happy with it.

gn3dr wrote: »
    Why did you pay 300 quid. It was on sale in most places for about 160. I know someone with a p8000 and they are very happy with it.

It was 250 on prepurchase including express shipping plus taxes. Ended up waiting 1.5 months.

• Advertisement

It was 250 on prepurchase including express shipping plus taxes. Ended up waiting 1.5 months.

Also their latest ota bricked 20-30 % of the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I had a P7000 earlier this year that I got for the intro offer of $159. Got a bit more discount as it was delayed by a few weeks so it worked out at a bit over €100 shipped (didn't get caught for VAT / excise)

It was spectacular value for money for a high end full HD phone with a massive battery that benchmarked higher than a Samsung S5 / HTC one M8, both costing about €600

I prefer Windows phone to Android, so I swapped it after a few weeks for a second hand Lumia 930, but while I had it the performance was excellent and there was also decent support (custom ROMS, user forum, etc.)

At €100, or even €150 or €180 I would take the risk of getting a Chinese phone directly from China, but it's madness to pay €300 or more imho...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

I have the p600 pro & I have to say it's absolutely amazing!! I've had it around 2 or 3 months now and it's still as fast & good as the day I got it!!
    I'm very very happy with it! 130e for octa-core, 3 GB ram & 16 GB hard drive!
    The only criticism I have is that I've found it hard to get a decent cover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Also their latest ota bricked 20-30 % of the stock.

OTA bricked all phones that were rooted and using the stock ROM. This happened with the last few releases.

There were 2 batches of the P8000. First batch had numerous problems such as no blue led notification light and errors with camera firmware etc.

It seems that Elephone and other Chinese manufactures release a first batch into the market, evaluate how it goes and make changes / improvements to the next batch. Not a good practice in anyone’s eyes..

specs etc. are also to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Battery on P8000 states a 4200 cell, you can use it all day long but when it gets to 15% it will take another minute before it goes to 0% and shuts down.

Screen has black border around it (like a number of other Chinese phones) so display is not 5.5.

Camera resolution is only at the advertised spec when at the lower resolution (another Chinese trait)

Headphone socket - There are a lot of problems with quality of solder, only one side will work after a while.

Screen - quite a few owners are complaining of it peeling away from the corners etc.

Processor is mid-range and will heat up if running apps and games that demand high power usage.

Communication is piss poor and good luck if you have a problem and want to send it back...

Out of all the Chinese phones I have had, Elephone have been the worst to date. Saying all that, I have been getting Chinese phones and tablets for about 5 years now and am prepared to pay the price (cash and risk). It’s not for everyone. But for me there is no way in hell I am going to spend €500.00+ for a high street phone. Technology changes so fast these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

T-Bird wrote: »
    OTA bricked all phones that were rooted and using the stock ROM. This happened with the last few releases.

There were 2 batches of the P8000. First batch had numerous problems such as no blue led notification light and errors with camera firmware etc.

It seems that Elephone and other Chinese manufactures release a first batch into the market, evaluate how it goes and make changes / improvements to the next batch. Not a good practice in anyone’s eyes..

specs etc. are also to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Battery on P8000 states a 4200 cell, you can use it all day long but when it gets to 15% it will take another minute before it goes to 0% and shuts down.

Screen has black border around it (like a number of other Chinese phones) so display is not 5.5.

Camera resolution is only at the advertised spec when at the lower resolution (another Chinese trait)

Headphone socket - There are a lot of problems with quality of solder, only one side will work after a while.

Screen - quite a few owners are complaining of it peeling away from the corners etc.

Processor is mid-range and will heat up if running apps and games that demand high power usage.

Communication is piss poor and good luck if you have a problem and want to send it back...

Out of all the Chinese phones I have had, Elephone have been the worst to date. Saying all that, I have been getting Chinese phones and tablets for about 5 years now and am prepared to pay the price (cash and risk). It’s not for everyone. But for me there is no way in hell I am going to spend €500.00+ for a high street phone. Technology changes so fast these days.

great write up, so which chinese phone would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭T-Bird

kingstevii wrote: »
    great write up, so which chinese phone would you recommend?

Thanks.

Best take a look HERE Chinese Android Phones, lot of good reading to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Thanks.

Best take a look HERE Chinese Android Phones, lot of good reading to be done.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Just one point on this, I sent my P8000 back without much hassle. GPS and Wifi weren't working out of the box, returned to the aliexpress seller who returned it to Elephone and he sent it back to me express. Cost about €12 using An Post and took a month, both issues were fixed. Having said that, there are other issues and Elephone themselves are terrible to respond, so I wouldn't recommend them.

Advertisement