Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on unwanted gift voucher?

Options
  • 30-12-2015 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this (mods feel free to move)
    But I'm looking for advice on how to convert a Next gift voucher to cash. Is there any way to buy something and return it for cash without being given store credit? Ie. Buy online and return instore for example?

I know there are sites where you can sell vouchers on at a small loss with commission but I'd rather avoid losing the value of the voucher.

Basically I would love the voucher to be for Dorothy Perkins as I don't really shop in Next, but I'm unsure what the best course of action is.

If anyone has done this recently with a similar high street store or works at Next and can offer impartial advice, that would be great!

Happy new year!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Next will return to a gift card. You need to either find something you want there - they do have ranges beyond clothes but they're extremely dear usually - or sell it and take the loss.

This is why store specific gift cards are crap gifts - that and receiverships, although Next is fairly solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've seen people hang out by the tills in Next and ask other queuing customers to buy their voucher off them for cash. I'm not saying you should do that, your question just reminded me of it!
    Maybe you could put it up as a 'swap' on the likes of Adverts.ie, maybe someone got a DP voucher for Christmas and would like to exchange it for your Next one?

Advertisement