Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Electric Drill - €17.43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

tall chapy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I needed a cheap electric drill for the house, as the cordless is not up to the job anymore, so I searched HotUKdeals and found this

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xtreme-710w-hammer-drill-12-43-reserve-collect-homebase-2362852

As there is no Homebase website Ireland I went over to the Naas road branch and bought it for €17.43.
    It comes with 3 drill bits also and a chuck key.

Does it drill ok ?
    Sounds like a bargain.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Keep us up to date on how long it lasts.

2 year warranty; if it burns out it during that period it would be best to try angle for a refund instead after that.

You aren't going to get a higher power or obviously more reliable drill for even a vaguely close price.

L1011 wrote: »
    2 year warranty; if it burns out it during that period it would be best to try angle for a refund instead after that.

You aren't going to get a higher power or obviously more reliable drill for even a vaguely close price.

Yeah ur right - just checked it on Homebase - hard to believe 2yr warranty - wouldn't get that with a 'pricey' drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Yeah ur right - just checked it on Homebase - hard to believe 2yr warranty - wouldn't get that with a 'pricey' drill.

No, you're right, I only got five years with mine.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    No, you're right, I only got five years with mine.

5yr warranty ?

• Advertisement

5yr warranty ?

Yes.

5yr warranty ?

Festool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Does it drill ok ?
    Sounds like a bargain.

Probably OK for small bits but I'd be getting a makita, dewalt or Bosch if you will be using it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

At this price you get what you pay for.

Advertisement