Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy contacts question..

Options
  • 29-12-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Got a g361 core prime phone off Santy....anyone know how to or if its possible to transfer my sim contacts from the old phone to it...it doesnt give me an option to "import from sim"..???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

More information needed:
    Do you have a Google account already & use Gmail?
    What's your old phone?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Should be able to do it via the contacts menu, it's a bit convoluted as I recall. Could also tries the Kies app for Samsung phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Got a g361 core prime phone off Santy....anyone know how to or if its possible to transfer my sim contacts from the old phone to it...it doesnt give me an option to "import from sim"..???

Personally think you're starting in the wrong place... Using my old phone I would have opened the Contacts app, or the People app as Samsung calls it. Opening the 3dot menu, import from sim card to phone storage. Then open Settings/Accounts/google and choose sync all. Then on a pc/laptop/ultra book, log into http://contacts.google.com and check contacts are there. Then, sign into new phone.

Advertisement