Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flexible drill bit

Options
  • 29-12-2015 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

looking to run some cabling for network and alarm and ceiling light will need to drill through joists, where would be the best place to find this drill bit for the job?

I presume it would need to be about 2 meters long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Drill bits aren't flexible. You just need to be clever about where you run the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

How much access do you have in attic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

You can get a right angle attachment for your drill, and that works wonders, you just need to push a bit heavier on the 90 bend.
    Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

I've seen that super rod website but cant find anything local
    Here is what I'm looking for https://youtu.be/WqNi0effuNQ?t=11m17s

It's a new house its plastered so don't wanna be cutting in at every joist to drill through it if I need to get across the whole room

There is good bit of access in the attic but majority of cabling will be on bottom floor and they are all solid walls down there too so gonna be a pain running alarm cables to all the windows and doors.

Any advice on cabling a solid wall house for an alarm would be great too, It's a dormer bungalow so I think I have access from second floor walls that are beside the roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Wireless alarm and "homeplugs" for network? No cables needed anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

I'd rather go with the wired alarm, POE cameras etc... where would be the best place to get these or best thing to it? what do the electricians use for long runs on finished ceilings??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

ferrets - trade secret of course, just let him off running cables and you can take a break, have tea and play candy crush II

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/582123.stm

Advertisement