Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet to TV cable help!

Options
  • 28-12-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I bought a "Manhattan MHL HDTV Cable" to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 Tablet to my TV.

This is the one: 2iw1ufs.jpg

I had gone to the shop looking for a cable to be able to connect my tablet to my telly and that's what the guy suggested.
    Well it doesn't work.
    Does anyone know the name of the cable I need?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

A quick google tells me that Samsung stopped MHL support in their tablet range in 2015, and you might need to look at a wireless solution instead, such as a Chromecast or Miracast. Were you going to use it for Netflix or Youtube? - both of those apps support Chromcast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Spocker wrote: »
    A quick google tells me that Samsung stopped MHL support in their tablet range in 2015, and you might need to look at a wireless solution instead, such as a Chromecast or Miracast. Were you going to use it for Netflix or Youtube? - both of those apps support Chromcast

Actually now that you mention it, the guy did say something about Chromcast.
    It looks like that's what I need.
    Thanks for that; I'm a bit clueless when it comes to techy things like this :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Mattyking

I think it won't be a problem if your tablet got a HDMI Port.

Advertisement